Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Full...

My heart is full this new day...full for so many reasons.

First-and-foremost, my heart is full because of the hope I have in Jesus!

Second, my heart is full because I see God's hand at work in so many areas of not only my life, but in the lives of those I love and care deeply for. I saw where the Lord was Kyle's Protector yesterday in not just one but two situations where he could have been seriously injured due to treacherous weather/road conditions. I saw through a conversation that MaKayla and I shared where God is revealing Himself to her in profound ways in regard to corners of her heart that she is struggling/striving/searching...corners that she needs release and renewal. I saw God bring spiritual unity in a meeting Kyle and I shared with another couple where divine direction and guidance was needed. I see God lavishing peace and rest on me where fear and anxiety once resided. I see God replacing the attribute of comfortable complacency in our home with eager determination to stretch ourselves in becoming fruitful and productive individuals for Him.


Third, my heart is full thinking back to last night when Kyle and I had to be gone for a few hours. Although I didn't know it, as we left, Kyle told MaKayla and Mallary that they were in charge of our family worship for the night. Sure enough, when we returned, Mallary was eager for them to "share" what they had prepared...a well thought out devotion with several scriptures on obedience....things they have been learning...things God has been showing them. There is nothing sweeter than the blessing of children who have a heart and hunger for God. A heart and a hunger that you can see in their eyes, hear in their words, feel in their presence.

Fourth, my heart is full this new day knowing I have a husband who loves me, children who adore me and a Father in Heaven who has everything good planned for my life.

My heart is truly full and I am thankful!

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥