I'll tell you what...yesterday was a day of all days...if it could go wrong, it pretty much did. Well, I guess I can't say alot of things went wrong, it's just that from the time I finished up my blog post yesterday morning, Satan started knocking on my door. You know, one of those days where he sees just how determined you are in what you believe. One of those days where he decides he's going to put the "pedal-to-the-metal" to see if you will rise to the test or buckle under his schemes. It was a day where the Lord reminded me of "psychological warfare"...being determined to be one step ahead of the traps that the enemy was setting along my path for the day.
I'm so thankful that GOD KNOWS... He knows what we need to hear...what we need to read...what we need to receive... He knows what our day is going to hold and what "equipment" we are going to need in our "tool belt" in order to conquer the "tasks" our day holds. He knows when to embrace us a little tighter in order to reassure us that HE KNOWS and HE CARES!!!
As my morning started and I went about my day, the Lord was always one step ahead of me, reminding me of who I am in Him and who He desires me to be to others. He reminded me of yesterday's post and the post the day before that...fighting the good fight...holding on to faith...reacting with a good conscience... He reminded me to: bless...endure...answer kindly... He reminded me that: I am set apart...I am called by His grace...I am to reveal HIM to others that I come in contact with...whether here at home...out in public...on the phone... He reminded me to accept fault when it is mine to own and to not "pass-the-buck" even when I am justified in doing so. He reminded me that I am only responsible for the actions, reactions and words that come from my mouth rather than attempting to control what others may do or say. He reminded me that if I so choose, I can be victorious in "living Him"!!! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT ME and I am so grateful!
I am thankful that should I have another day like yesterday, GOD KNOWS! He's here! He loves me! He will direct my paths! He will speak words of rest and assurance to my heart! He will remind me that He is mine and I am His!
How then shall I live? Today, I shall live for the glory, honor and praise of Jesus regardless of what may come my way!
Amen~
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this post.
Something "I" need to remember...when it is one of those days! Sweet...
Blessings~
Lori
Thanks for sharing! It's been one of those months. I am so thankful that God is faithful!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Julie
Hey there~
ReplyDeleteBeen seeing ya' around bloggy land~
Your new background is cute. Very holiday-ish. Makes me want to change mine to red, but I just changed mine :/
Hope today is going better than yesterday :-) Isn't all the new snowfall fun~ So beautiful.
~Cinnamon