Yesterday morning one of my closest, dearest, most cherished friends called me first thing. We don't get to visit as much as we used to due to the busyness of family, homeschooling, life... We miss each other tremendously yet at this "season-of-life" this is just the way it goes and I can't wait for the day that we "have time" to sit over a refreshing glass of iced tea or a hot cup of cappuccino (White Chocolate Caramel for me English Toffee for her) where we can talk for hours...sharing what God has done and doing in our lives. Anyway, I could tell instantly through the tone of her voice that she had "something" she wanted to visit with me about. Well the "something" turned into two "somethings" but that's for another post...
This precious friend shared a burden that is weighing heavy on her heart...a burden she has no control over, yet one that touches and impacts her very personally. A burden that she wouldn't choose, yet one that she is forced to face. A burden that she somewhat feels she could/should defend or give an explanation for, yet one that I reminded her wasn't her burden to battle over. As we visited I shared with her various things that God has been revealing to me through the Beth Moore 'Esther' study that my Sunday School Class is doing as well as through my daily individual Bible study here at home. As I read in my Bible this morning, the Lord showed me another portion of scripture that very much pertains to our "role" when we are faced with troubles, trials, difficulties...troubles, trials and difficulties that are more of the "spiritual" nature rather than the physical nature. Troubles, trials and difficulties that Satan puts in our path to trip us up in an attempt to make us fall, yet ones that God says we can be victorious over and glorify Him through if we keep our eyes focused and set like flint upon Him!
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Up to this moment we have become the scum of the earth, the refuse of the world. ~1 Corinthians 4:12
Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith. ~ 1 Timothy 1:18~19
But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles... Galatians 1:15~16
He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made. The trouble he causes recoils on himself; his violence comes down on his own head. Psalm 7:15~16
I am so thankful to the Lord for His provision and direction in any and every situation and circumstance that we face in life! I desire to do you your will oh, God!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥