This is what the Lord says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16
Last week when Kyle and I had to be gone for a few hours one evening, he gave MaKayla and Mallary the responsibility to prepare our family devotion.
I can't even begin to express how blessed I was by the verses and insight that they shared with us on "obedience"... This verse in particular is one that has been "branded" in my spirit since that night a-week-ago. It's been one that has come to mind over-and-over again. One that I have underlined, highlighted, referred back to and looked up repeatedly.
So many times we strive to know the right things to say, the correct ways to respond, the clear path to walk but how often do we stand at that crossroads and cry out to God truly listening to what He has to say?
How many times do we rely on common-sense?
Our own understanding?
What "feels" right?
How many times do we react on impulse?
The influence of another?
Our carnal minds?
As Kyle and I visited this morning, God NEVER sets His children up for failure!
He ALWAYS has our best interest in store...
He has gone before us...
He sees...
He knows...
He promises to show us "the good way"...
All too often we allow ourselves to be "tripped-up" by the uncertainties of life...
We're so caught-up in leaning on our own understanding that we can't see God...
We can't discern His direction...
All the while He is gently chiding,
"This is the way My child, walk in it..."
As we cry out to Him and set our faces upon His,
He will reveal the path that He has blazed before us.
With each step that we take in the direction He has ordained,
letting go of our expectations...
our understanding...
we WILL find rest.
This is what the Lord says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."
I am listening...
I am standing...
I am looking...
I am asking...
I am walking...
I am resting...
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16
Last week when Kyle and I had to be gone for a few hours one evening, he gave MaKayla and Mallary the responsibility to prepare our family devotion.
I can't even begin to express how blessed I was by the verses and insight that they shared with us on "obedience"... This verse in particular is one that has been "branded" in my spirit since that night a-week-ago. It's been one that has come to mind over-and-over again. One that I have underlined, highlighted, referred back to and looked up repeatedly.
So many times we strive to know the right things to say, the correct ways to respond, the clear path to walk but how often do we stand at that crossroads and cry out to God truly listening to what He has to say?
How many times do we rely on common-sense?
Our own understanding?
What "feels" right?
How many times do we react on impulse?
The influence of another?
Our carnal minds?
As Kyle and I visited this morning, God NEVER sets His children up for failure!
He ALWAYS has our best interest in store...
He has gone before us...
He sees...
He knows...
He promises to show us "the good way"...
All too often we allow ourselves to be "tripped-up" by the uncertainties of life...
We're so caught-up in leaning on our own understanding that we can't see God...
We can't discern His direction...
All the while He is gently chiding,
"This is the way My child, walk in it..."
As we cry out to Him and set our faces upon His,
He will reveal the path that He has blazed before us.
With each step that we take in the direction He has ordained,
letting go of our expectations...
our understanding...
we WILL find rest.
This is what the Lord says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."
I am listening...
I am standing...
I am looking...
I am asking...
I am walking...
I am resting...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥