As our family begins this Passion Week, Kyle and I feel compelled to turn the focus of our hearts towards our Saviour even more than ever. We feel compelled to truly humble our hearts and quietly abide in what this week looked like for Jesus the One who came from the comforts of Heaven to redeem our needy souls. To stop and rest awhile...to reflect...to examine...
In seeking what the four of us would read, study and learn this week, I happened upon two different paths that had the exact same direction so I took that as confirmation from the Lord and we are going with it. Tonight was our first night in this particular study and our time in the Word was sweet, fulfilling and stretching.
Word 1
FORGIVENESS
Jesus said,
"Father, forgive them,
for they do not know what they are doing."
And they divided up His clothes by casting lots.
Luke 23:34
I am simply yet deeply humbled by what Jesus did for *me*! Mallary's words said it with such innocence yet so profoundly, "I would be nothing if Jesus didn't forgive me for the things I did wrong. When He forgives me it's all gone and I feel so much better."

FORGIVENESS
Jesus said,
"Father, forgive them,
for they do not know what they are doing."
And they divided up His clothes by casting lots.
Luke 23:34
*We discussed what "forgiveness" and "mercy" genuinely is...
what it looks like...
who deserves it...
what Jesus went through to extend it to us...
*We discussed how often we seek God's forgiveness...
whether we seek it in generalities...
whether we seek it in specific requests...
*We discussed how often we take it for granted...
what it looks like...
who deserves it...
what Jesus went through to extend it to us...
*We discussed how often we seek God's forgiveness...
whether we seek it in generalities...
whether we seek it in specific requests...
*We discussed how often we take it for granted...
*We discussed the cost Jesus paid...
I am simply yet deeply humbled by what Jesus did for *me*! Mallary's words said it with such innocence yet so profoundly, "I would be nothing if Jesus didn't forgive me for the things I did wrong. When He forgives me it's all gone and I feel so much better."
Thank you Jesus for forgiveness...
Thank You for writing our names in red...
Thank You for writing our names in red...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥