Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Determined Action...Purposed Effort

The past few weeks have been "crazy" to-say-the-least! Lots going on, many places to go, multitudes of things to do... It took me a very long time to realize why I became overwhelmed, agitated and non-functionable when life was a whirlwind but then one day God said, "Mendi, I created you to be at home...with your girls...loving them...teaching them...nurturing your family. I created you to be a "keeper-of-the-home," not a busy body running here and there, to and fro." Needless-to-say, life does have a way of becoming "crazy" from time-to-time, there's no way around it, yet through those times and in those times, I find that it takes much more emotional, spiritual, mental and physical energy to stay focused...focused on my Master. It seems as though there are times where life comes in and sweeps me away to another place and I lose sight...I become distracted...I lack discipline... When that happens, I feel "icky" all over and I continually find myself needing to "reign in" my thoughts, taking them captive and making them obedient to Christ.

Typically I love Mondays...a new start to a new week...yet two-days-ago was a different story. I began my week tired and overwhelmed knowing that this week was going to be as crazy as last. Two weeks in a row can be dangerous...just ask my family!?! :o{ A discussion with Kyle regarding a particular situation we are embarking on "set-me-off"...I mean really set-me-off. A situation that has anger, hurt and frustration stirring around in my heart. A situation we haven't asked for but have been deliberately placed in by people who should know better. A situation there's no getting out of without being down-right disrespectful! A situation I am struggling to have a good attitude about. After Kyle left for work, I sat and journaled...and prayed...and cried out to God. I asked Him to pour Himself down upon me and to lead me in all Truth. Guess where He took me....

Love is patient...
Love is kind...
It does not envy...
It does not boast...
It is not proud...
It is not rude...
It is not self-seeking...
It is not easily angered...
It keeps no record of wrongs...
Love does not delight in evil...
It rejoices in the truth...
It always protects...
It always trusts...
It always hopes...

It always perseveres...
Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13:4~8



Of course I have read over this portion of scripture more times than I can count but last fall when I was in a similar situation as I am in now, the Lord vividly revealed to me that reading them is entirely different than living them. All-too-often we think of love as a feeling when in all reality it is a determined action!!! An action that in times like these, takes purposed effort. It's a time I have to step-out in what I know, not on how I feel. So, I am faced with a choice...spirit or flesh...love or hate...long-suffering or resentment... The Lord asks me, "How then shall you live? Will you live according to what I have shown you, taught you and revealed to you or will you follow after your heart of stone?"

I will purpose to saturate my heart with the presence of the Holy Spirit...I will rest in His fellowship...I will listen to His voice...I will follow His lead...I will deny my flesh to walk in His fullness.

I am so in need of a Saviour and I am so thankful this day that I have One!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥