Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Utmost For His Highest--My Best For His Glory

And the Lord answered me:

"Write the vision;
make it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end--it will not lie.
It if seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.

Habakkuk 2:2~3

If we lose "the heavenly vision" God has given us, we alone are responsible--not God. We lose the vision because of our own lack of spiritual growth. If we do not apply our beliefs about God to the issues of everyday life, the vision God has given us will never be fulfilled. The only way to be obedient to "the heavenly vision" is to give our utmost for His highest--our best for His glory. This can be accomplished only when we make a determination to continually remember God's vision. But the acid test is obedience to the vision in the details of our everyday life--sixty seconds out of every minute, and sixty minutes out of every hour, not just during times of personal prayer or public meetings.
~Oswald Chambers

The Lord vividly reminded me in the thickest tension of my day yesterday, as I anticipated the tasks staring me in the face over the next three days that I am to:
Do everything without complaining or arguing.
Philippians 2:14

My attitude has been less-than-desirable these past few days so I once again needed to be reminded of Whose I am and Whom I serve. I needed to be reminded that 1 Corinthians 13:4~8 and Philippians 2:14 are commands not requests. I needed to be reminded of the importance of my obedience to the "heavenly vision". I needed to be reminded that I am to give my utmost for His highest--my best for His glory!

I'm in an intense spiritual battle and although it would seem insignificant to some it is crucial to me; for I know that I am in the
Refiner's fire and there is much He is desiring to teach me...there is much growth He desiring to render. My Lord has equipped me to withstand the heat...if only I will be obedient to the "heavenly vision"...if only I will give my utmost for His highest...if only I will give my best for His glory...if only I will love without limits...if only I will do everything without grumbling and complaining...if only...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥