I'm having a little trouble getting adjusted to the newness of the change that Daylight Savings Time brings...the mornings stay dark so long... I enjoy it being lighter later in the evening but I really miss the lightness of early morning, so today, although I have been cutting back since the first of the year, I had to brew me a pot of coffee!!!
God has been stirring in my heart these past several days and the words He laid on my heart early one morning last week were,"Turning-of-the-waters." I've always heard dad talk about pond water "turning" during different seasons-of-the-year so it wasn't a totally foreign set of words to me however I have been praying and pondering as to how God is going to work it out in my life. I haven't tried to figure it out, I've just been praying, resting, listening, waiting.
As I sat in the quietness yesterday morning thinking about and praying over the words, "turning-of-the-water", these things came to mind:
*changing seasons
*death
*growth
*transformation
*initially muddy
*resulting clarity
*life
*death
*growth
*transformation
*initially muddy
*resulting clarity
*life
I Googled and then read about the process that takes place when waters turn...although I still don't have a full understanding, what I learned was quite enlightening. I'm still pondering it...I've diagrammed what the process might look like and I will continue to rest and pray until the Lord shows me what it means in my life individually. I see many similarities between the words listed above and the things that are taking place in my life right now. It's exciting...it's strange...it requires trust...it requires rest...it requires letting go of an analytical, need-to-understand mind...it requires listening...it requires doing the simple things God says to do even when they may not make sense...it requires being open...it requires a moldable heart...it requires purifying...it requires refining...it requires humility...it requires repentance...it requires an emptiness of self...it requires surrender...it requires dependence upon a Saviour...it requires Jesus!
How fitting for the Lord to speak this to me last week and then to have a guest speaker at church this past Sunday who preached on transformation and the reality of being "restless-in-spirit" until that transformation is complete...confirmation to my heart, mind and soul!
The water is turning in my life...I see it...I know it...I feel it! It is turning in regards to two specific areas of my life...my relationship with my Lord and my relationship with Kyle, my Jesus in the flesh. The two areas of authority and leadership that my Father has placed over me. This is no surprise as last week God very distinctly revealed three words of significance that He desires for me to allow Him to work out in my life (more on that at a later time)...these three words center around my relationship to my Master and my helpmeet...
The seasons are changing...literally!
Death to self is being emphasized!
Growth is on the brink!
Transformation is taking place!
The waters still look a little muddy!
As I trust and persevere, clarity will work its way forth!
Life will emerge!
The water is turning in my life!
The Living Water is at work!
Death to self is being emphasized!
Growth is on the brink!
Transformation is taking place!
The waters still look a little muddy!
As I trust and persevere, clarity will work its way forth!
Life will emerge!
The water is turning in my life!
The Living Water is at work!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥