Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

My Value...

Kyle, MaKayla, Mallary and I had a wonderful weekend helping Danielle (our oldest niece) and her husband Lee do some renovating to a home that they recently purchased. Once the finishing touches were complete, we assisted in the moving process; putting things in place and making their house a home. It was a special time and we were honored and blessed to be able to be a part of this "big step" in their lives! :o)


As I sat this morning thinking back over the weekend and various aspects therein, I found myself so humbled and grateful where the Lord has taken Kyle and I and the ways in which He has grown us. Oswald mimicked my thoughts this morning as I pondered...

When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of the Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him. It takes much more of the grace of God, and a much greater awareness of drawing upon Him, to take that next step, than it does to preach the gospel.

Every Christian must experience the essence of the incarnation by bringing the next step down into flesh-and-blood reality and by working it out with his hands. We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you. Never allow yourself to think that some tasks are beneath your dignity or too insignificant for you to do, and remind yourself of the example of Christ in John 13:1~17.

~Oswald Chambers

For so much of my life I depended on and expected others to bring value and purpose to my life which inevitably landed me in the pits of drudgery and discouragement. Throughout unique times and seasons that the Lord has allowed Kyle and I to experience, I have found freedom in the fact that my value comes from God and God alone.

I have found much freedom in the fact that:

*when no one else notices, God does...

*when no one else understands why I do what I do, God does...

*when no one else understands why I don't do certain things, God does...

*approval from others is insignificant, God's approval is imperative...

*my life to others may seem menial, but to God, I am right where He wants me...

*the peace that comes from following hard after God supersedes words and attitudes of criticism...

*striving for the favor of another is taxing, resting in God renews life within me...

*the merit others place on my life means nothing, my value to God is EVERYTHING!!!

I am so thankful for the times and seasons I have walked with my God and my awesome helpmeet that have molded me into who I am today. I am thankful that although numerous people that I deeply love have commented, "You have changed. You just aren't who you used to be. What's happened to you?," nearly all in a contrary manner; I know Who's I am and from Where I have come. Some see the changes in me as negative; I see them as Life. Some wish I would return to the person I was; I am thankful that I am a new creation in Christ.

The longer I live and the more I grow in the grace of my Saviour, I find that there is no greater reality than knowing that He loves me, He rejoices over me and He values me...flaws and all! :o)

My Beloved is mine, and I am His...
Song of Solomon 2:16

P.S.) It was great to spend time with those I love this weekend being who God has created me to be...nothing more, nothing less...just me! It was great to go and "rest" in the work that I did...not trying to earn favor, approval or "self-promotion", just serving from a heart that my Father has placed within me. Little-by-little, I am being molded, crafted, transformed and changed into the likeness of my Creator...I'm so thankful for my value in Jesus...a value that no one can change!




1 comment:

  1. How true! I love the line "Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you" So little of our Christian life is lived in the spotlight - so much of it is lived in the day to day serving of those we love.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥