Thank you Lord for Your presence in my life this new day! Thank You for meeting me here and for investing Yourself in me so that I may learn and grow in the fullness of Your Spirit!
This morning as I have been sitting here journaling, meditating on my devotion, being saturated in the Lord's presence, He reminded me of a conversation that I shared yesterday with a dear friend and sister-in-Christ. A conversation that broke my heart, shocked my heart, and reminded me of how determined my heart must be. She shared with me about an individual whom we both are acquainted with that has "found-a-friend" on Facebook...a friend from the past...a friend of the opposite sex...a friend with whom there is a "connection. This acquaintance that we both know is married and has a child...this acquaintance is very aware of God's Word and what it says. As I thought and prayed over this situation, the phrase that the Lord kept bringing to my mind was, "treading on thin ice". Treading on places that aren't solid...places that are treacherous...places that are destructive... Treading on places that contain traps of the enemy...places that seem enticing at the time but hold grave consequences...places that God doesn't dwell...places we all are tempted with in one way or another at one time or another...places that I am determined to steer clear of (which is why I'm not a fan of nor a participant of Facebook). I'm very broken for this individual because I am confident that they are choosing to not see clearly, and are choosing to go down a road paved with destruction.
My devotion this morning talked about consecration, which is the act of continually separating myself from everything except that which God has appointed me to do. As I meditated on and contemplated on the reality of being consecrated to the Lord, I was reminded of a portion of scripture found in Isaiah chapter 50 verse 7 where it says,
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced,
Therefore I have set my face like flint,
and I know I will not be put to shame.
It also reminds of of various other portions of scripture where we are charged to not look to the right or to the left but only straight ahead at the path/road that the Lord has called us to walk. We are a carnal people made of flesh and the enemy is out to trip us up and destroy us in any way he can. He finds us at our weakest moments when we haven't been in the Word and we haven't taken time to rest in God's presence. He finds us when we are frazzled, frustrated, vulnerable...he finds us when we are empty, lonely, looking for a place, a thing, a person to fill the void we are feeling. All too often we react and respond based on how we are feeling rather than the Truth that we know. It may not be something as drastic as "rekindling an old flame" rather it could be spending money irresponsibly, over eating, investing time on frivolous activities, watching too much television, surfing the internet to "unsafe" places or simply not spending time with our Friend-of-all-friends.
I am reminded of the old hymn, Higher Ground...
My heart has no desire to stay, Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Tho' some may dwell where these abound, My prayer, my aim is higher ground.
I want to live above the world, Tho' Satan's darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound, The song of saints on higher ground.
I want to scale the utmost height, And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I'll pray till heav'n I've found, "Lord, lead me on to higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand
By faith on heaven's table land;
A higher plane than I have found-
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
Higher ground is solid ground and that is where I long to stand....
I am reminded of the old hymn, Higher Ground...
I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day;
Still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord plant my feet on higher ground."
My heart has no desire to stay, Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Tho' some may dwell where these abound, My prayer, my aim is higher ground.
I want to live above the world, Tho' Satan's darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound, The song of saints on higher ground.
I want to scale the utmost height, And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I'll pray till heav'n I've found, "Lord, lead me on to higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand
By faith on heaven's table land;
A higher plane than I have found-
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
Higher ground is solid ground and that is where I long to stand....
Lord, I desire to be consecrated...
I desire for my feet to be firmly planted upon solid ground...
I desire for my feet to be firmly planted upon solid ground...
I desire for my gaze and my focus to be intently placed upon You!
Only there will the temptations be few and when they do come,
I will see...
I will recognize...
I will know...
they will be repulsive/detestable, for my face will be set like flint.
Only there will the temptations be few and when they do come,
I will see...
I will recognize...
I will know...
they will be repulsive/detestable, for my face will be set like flint.
all I can say is God answered my prayer with your post today. WOW thank you and Thank you God
ReplyDelete