Earlier this week Mom and I were sitting and talking as she got ready for the day. I was hurting and struggling with some things I am dealing with in my life, things God is trying to teach me, and things He is trying to get me to let go of. I was confused and just wanted relief. God was trying to get me to put Him first and allow Him control of my life, but that meant I would have to surrender in a lot of areas. As we sat and talked she brought out the point that God will continue to hammer on you until He gets through, whatever that takes, and it would be easier on us if we would just put our security in Him and trust! Ouch! I had to really ask myself the question, "Where does my security lie?" Does it lie in God or in people and things that will always disappoint us and will eventually die? If my security isn't in God then I will never be able to fully trust Him because I won't be able to rest in Him.
I spent the rest of the morning pondering that question and during my study time God told me to turn to the book of Job. That is such and amazing book and I was engrossed in it's words. As I was reading through chapter eight, one particular section hit me like a ton of bricks:
..."What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spiders web.
He leans on His web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold."
He leans on His web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold."
Job 8: 14~15
For so long I have held on to Mom and Dad for my security which in some areas is fine because they are my parents and I love them very much. They are my encouragement, my mentors, and my teachers. God entrusted them with my life and I will always find security in their presence, touch, voices and love. However I am at the age that God wants me to start relying on Him and allowing Him to be my security. He is the only person who will always be here and the only thing that can satisfy our every need. He desires to be my ALL...to be enough for me even if everything else around me, everything I hold dear to was gone! He desires to be my best friend and for me to share every detail of my heart with Him! It is up to me to surrender my heart with Him.
God~
Continue to show me how to make you my All and how to put my security and trust in you!
For so long I have held on to Mom and Dad for my security which in some areas is fine because they are my parents and I love them very much. They are my encouragement, my mentors, and my teachers. God entrusted them with my life and I will always find security in their presence, touch, voices and love. However I am at the age that God wants me to start relying on Him and allowing Him to be my security. He is the only person who will always be here and the only thing that can satisfy our every need. He desires to be my ALL...to be enough for me even if everything else around me, everything I hold dear to was gone! He desires to be my best friend and for me to share every detail of my heart with Him! It is up to me to surrender my heart with Him.
God~
Continue to show me how to make you my All and how to put my security and trust in you!
Beautiful and very true!
ReplyDelete~Cinnamon