Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Who Am I Persecuting...

Stubbornness and self-will will always stab Jesus Christ.
It may wound no one else, but it wounds His Spirit.

Whenever we are obstinate and self-willed and set on our own ambitions,
we are hurting Jesus.
Every time we stand on our own rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Him.
Whenever we rely on self-respect, we systematically disturb and grieve His Spirit.
And when we finally understand that it is Jesus we have been persecuting all this time, it is the most crushing revelation ever.

All I do should be based on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that others may use me, go around me, or completely ignore me, but if I submit to it for His sake, I will prevent Jesus Christ from being persecuted.
~Oswald Chambers~

As I thought about, meditated on and prayed over these words this morning, I was instantly convicted. Last night was one of those SELF nights where I wanted things done MY way and in MY time. After a day full of "breathing praise" (yesterday's post), I allowed the enemy to trip me up and in turn my praise turned to frustration, agitation, selfishness and overwhelmment. The Lord once again reminded me of the post I did on SELF (January 13, 2010) however I was so caught up in ME that I didn't "feel like" being enlightened...UGH!?! My attitude last night was one of obstination, self-will, MY way, MY rights, and self-respect and after reading this I clearly realized that not only did I "injure" my family last night, but I persecuted my Jesus as well. My heart was convicted and my spirit was crushed. I found myself repenting, seeking forgiveness, pleading for mercy and desiring healing. When I pursue and become comfortable in these "self-sins", not only am I betraying the name of Jesus and all He stands for, but I am persecuting Him as well. Maybe if I remembered that every time I insisted on my own way, or thought of that when a harsh word is about to form on my lips, or realize that I am focusing on SELF, I would reassess my heart, mind, soul and spirit...I would do things in a way that would bless rather than persecute.

(An excerpt from my journal prior to doing my devotion...
God knows what we need to hear!)

My heart is perplexed this morning Lord! Perplexed at my undesirable attitude last night! I became overwhelmed & the cares of this world (exactly what I studied and blogged about yesterday) seemed to sweep over me! Ugh! Instead of letting them blow on past, I allowed the storm to linger and rage on! Father, forgive me for my selfish heart! I knew what was taking place and chose to stay there rather than let things go and move forward. Why is it that I always seem to insist on my own way!?! Too much of self and not enough of You! Lord, forgive me and cleanse my heart! Help me to be determined in crucifying SELF so that I can be completely alive in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥