Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Special Memories...Thoughts from MaKayla

Yesterday evening after we got back from seeing my Grandpa Garland, I saw that I had a missed call from a cousin that I love very much and one who always encourages my spirits. I do not get to see Savannah very often so I was glad to be able to call her back and visit with her for a little while. Even when I am down, her happy spirit always has a way of perking me up and making me smile. It was just what I needed after having to face a very hard reality once again.

While we were visiting, it came up about a time last fall when Savannah, her sister Ciera, and the rest of their siblings (our little cousins), were on their way down to visit our grandma's house. We surprised them and met them on the way, taking just Savannah and Ciera to our house for some much needed time away from little sisters and a little brother! :0) They were able to spend the weekend with us and just enjoy some "relaxing time" away from normal life. The memories that were made that weekend are ones that I will always hold dear and cherish. As we sat and talked, it was so much fun to think back and reminisce over that time! :0)


Knitting and making pipe cleaner bracelets...

Fun duets on the piano...

Playing "Picture Picture" and eating streusel cake...

Silly Mal and Ci...

Having a battle of "Family Feud"; Mom and Dad against us! :0)

Riding in the back of Dad's truck, (We had to cuddle up to stay warm :0))...

Our "muscle man" pose at Ross park...

Late night popcorn...

Intense games of Pit, (Savannah and Ci's new favorite game)...

Teaching Savannah to waltz, (I'm not sure who was teaching who!?!)

Cousinly love...

Unforgettable memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥