The rain falls...
The quiet music plays...
Oatmeal has been made...
Eggs have been boiled...
Coffee has been sipped...
Bibles have been read...
Kisses have been given...
Prayers have been said...
It's a Tuesday.
Yesterday started our new schedule with MaKayla back home. ♥
A wonderful, productive, blessed day. ♥
We had breakfast together & then Mal & I dug into school while she did her own thing.
Seeing her have time to open her Bible & really read...study...absorb...
Was a beautiful picture for me to see. ♥
We all chatted from time to time but for the most part stayed very focused on what we were attempting to accomplish. Each of us something different.
Eggs were gathered...(more than once) :)
Bathroom cabinets organized...
Refrigerator cleaned...
After lunch we hunkered down in the basement with the goal of putting together our crafting/sewing room that has been in the works for a while. MaKayla has greatly missed working on her sewing projects & currently has a quilt that she has been asked to create/make. In order to do this effectively (since she is highly OCD), we need a designated space/area. An area where she can see what she has/needs... A place to spread out... A space that is organized to her liking... :) She's really been wanting to teach Mal to sew as well & after receiving correspondence from a friend yesterday asking if she would be interested in doing a craft show together, the wheels were quickly set into motion.
We sorted...
We organized...
We cleaned...
Today we hope to finish.
As I flipped through my journal yesterday looking for something I knew I had penned,
I came across this...
#1471 - burgers in a streetcar
#1472 - too high balconies
#1473 - late night visits
| Therefore, my beloved brethern, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. ~1 Corinthians 15:58 |
#1474 - king size bed
#1475 - high count white Pima sheets
| So thankful for this one that I love... ♥ |
| He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me on my high places. 2 Samuel 22:34 |
| In the city you simply see it all... Tie-die from head to toe... Even his shirt... |
| Enjoying the street musicians... |
#1476 - a warm, strong hand on my back
| You have delivered my feet from death, Indeed my feet from stumbling, So that I may walk before God in the light of the living. ~Psalm 56:13 |
| He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. Psalm 40:2 |
#1477 - Starbucks coffee freshly brewed
| Some nice young man offered to take our picture... ♥ |
Memories...
Sweet, wonderful memories...
Memories with ones we love...
Memories with ones who loves us...
Memories of relaxation...
Laughter...
Sharpening...
Catching up...
A few weeks back I received a text from Beth asking if Kyle & I would be interested in taking a weekend away with she & Tom. Although we were eager to jump at the opportunity, Kyle was already scheduled to work one of those days & the reality of the cost made the idea seemingly impossible. They assured us that they had gotten very good rates for the rooms however we regretfully declined the offer & dismissed the prospect from our minds. As the week lingered on, Tom had been in touch with Kyle & I began to pray that if God wanted us to go, that He would open the door. Tom & Beth were needing some time to unwind & they knew how desperately we needed to get away...
To clear our minds...
To regroup...
To reevaluate the stresses we were dealing with in life...
I prayed...
Let go...
And trusted God...
On the Friday we would have been departing, my cell phone & our home phone both rang at the same time. One call was from Kyle saying things had changed at work & he didn't need to go in on Saturday, and the other call was from Tom saying, "I just can't let go of the prodding that we are supposed to do this... Is there any way Kyle could convey the circumstances & see if they would let him have the day off..." Needless to say, God was at work.
We discussed our plans with MaKayla & Mal, they strongly encouraged us to go, plans were made for them & I began packing... Quickly packing... :) By 4:30, Kyle & I were on our way to meet our friends. ♥
The weekend was a blessing in many more ways than one for Kyle & I. ♥
They gave us the swanky room... ;)
We talked late while eating fresh fruit & cheese...
A little shopping here...
A little shopping there...
Supper in a streetcar...
Breakfast in a downtown diner...
Dinner in a delicious Italian establishment...
Coffee sipped...
Yogurt enjoyed...
Open market strolled through...
Street musicians listened to...
Produce purchased...
The scent of herbs/spices breathed in...
Tom & Beth were so generous, thoughtful & kind & we were once again reminded what rich & priceless treasures they are in our lives. We've been through much over the years as friends & our love for them continually grows in unexplainable ways... ♥
I'm glad friendship doesn't come with price tags.
For if it does, I'd never afford someone as great as you.
~Author Unknown
Today I'm remembering a wonderful weekend... ♥
With wonderful friends... ♥
Today I am forever grateful... ♥
Friends come and friends go,
but a true friend sticks by you like family.
but a true friend sticks by you like family.
~Proverbs 18:24
(The Message)