Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Full...

The past several weeks have been non-stop for Kyle, myself & our girls, with much going on. This week things have gotten even crazier than ever as we plan & prepare for an upcoming, much-needed, family vacation. Before my feet even hit the floor this morning I began thinking of everything that still needed to get done and the various projects that I wanted to have accomplished before we take off. As I thought about it, my mind wandered to the infamous question that so many people ask us & we as well ask them, "How are things for you & your family?" As I thought about the reality of that question, I took it one step further...to the answer. Nine times out of ten the response is, "Busy. We.are.busy." The longer I thought about it, the more the Lord spoke to my heart... "Mendi, your life isn't busy, your life is full... Full of blessings... Full of opportunities... Full of happiness... Full of learning... Full of growth... Full with your husband... Full with your girls... Don't settle for busy... See your life as full..."

As this truth fell on my heart, I sensed freedom, peace & though a weight had been lifted.
My heart was blessed by this simple yet profound conversation with the One who loves me most... Reminding me that busyness much of the time is being in motion and many times getting little accomplished. Yet fullness is being filled...being satisfied...investing...making progress...

My life is full and I am thankful! I don't have time for many of the things that I used to as my every day is filled with Kyle, MaKayla &Mal. Meeting their needs. Nurturing their hearts. Teaching their minds. Being a faithful helpmeet. They have become my first & foremost priority...above anything else. It hasn't always been this way, but it certainly is now.
I no longer meet for lunch with friends like I used to. I no longer attend evening functions like I did before. I no longer put service to other things before my family like I once found myself doing. Some see this as lack of commitment. Some see it as laziness. Some see it as "losing" my identity.

I see my life as full... To overflowing... Abundant... Radiant... Content... Satisfied... Wonderful...
Does this mean we don't have struggles? Absolutely not! We daily have battles to fight just like every other family. Yet what it does mean is that we come together & work together... We encourage each other & help carry the load of those we love most... We laugh... We cry... We share... We pray... We worship... We play... We love...

Our lives are full & I am so very thankful!

1 comment:

  1. What a great insight! I want a life that is full - not just a busy one!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥