Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm So Thankful...

It's a new day & each day prior to this I have felt the compelling urge to get a blog post done...
Time has been slipping away...
The days ever so swiftly pass by...
I, myself, am slowing down...
Making sure to savor each moment...

Today, it feels good to write...
To share...

School is in full swing here and so far each day has been a tremendous blessing. Both MaKayla & Mal are very much enjoying the curriculum that we are using, apart from one subject, that one girl, very much dislikes!?! We've talked about it and discussed it yet it has been concluded that in regard to this particular subject, "it must be done," therefore we move forward. So far, so good! :) I'm so thankful for this one I love so much who attempts to complete her daily assignments without grumbling and complaining!

Wrapping our brains around the fact that MaKayla is now a senior has been and continues to be something so very hard to fathom! Where have the years gone anyway??? Rather than go to a professional photographer, she wanted me to take her senior pictures which I was hesitant of, but agreed to. The opportunity proved to be such a fun experience! We spent the afternoon/evening hopping from place-to-place, shooting pictures here-and-there, laughing, talking and just enjoying time as a family! I think we ended up with over 800 shots to choose from! I'm so thankful for the simplicity & contentment of our children.

This week completed our third week of dog obedience training with Zeke. He has a very strong willed personality therefore when we saw the class being offered at a minimal cost, at a location near us, we decided it would be a beneficial investment. The first class Kyle & MaKayla attended alone yet Mal & I have joined them since then. We are all definitely learning how to teach Zeke and at the same time some neat acquaintances have been formed. I'm so thankful for activities we can do as a family & that Kyle chooses to invest in us, his family, rather than choosing to be "independent" of us as so many husbands and fathers do.

My very close friend that was diagnosed with cancer a little over a month ago, underwent surgery three weeks ago today. After fervent, diligent prayer, belief in a God who is all powerful, the work of a precise, skilled doctor's hands, care from daughters who love their mom and much rest for recovery, this one that I love was declared, "CANCER FREE"! I'm thankful for Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals!

As the weather begins to turn much cooler, jeans, sweatshirts and fleece jammies emerge from summer hibernation. The garden is silent and bare. Trees are changing. Farmers are harvesting grain from their fields. Dew is heavy on the grass each morning. Football is a frequent conversation. A morning chill greets us as we climb out of bed. We find ourselves in the kitchen more frequently...preparing soup, roast, potatoes, carrots, homemade noodles, freshly baked homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, warm cookies and many pots of "good" coffee. I'm thankful for changing seasons.

We've had the opportunity lately to spend frequent, special time with family, friends & brothers-and-sisters-in-Christ. Some we've known our whole lives... Some throughout several years... Some meeting for the first time only recently. Times of celebration... Times of prayer... Times of praise... Times of fellowship... Times of laughter... Times of tears... Times of singing... Times of breaking bread together... Times of making memories... Times of rejoicing... I'm so thankful for those who God allows us to love & those who choose to love us in return.

Although life has been busy and full, I'm purposing to mentally & emotionally slow down and savor the richest & most precious blessings that God has been affording not only myself but our family as a whole. Blessings that don't fade away. Blessings that money can't buy. Blessings that only God Himself could lavish upon us.



I'm so thankful
...

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before Him with thanksgiving
and extol Him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
In His hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to Him.
The sea is His, for He made it,
and His hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for He is our God
and we are the people of His pasture,
the flock under His care.
Psalm 95:1~7

2 comments:

  1. We did our own senior pictures as well. It was so much fun and a special time with each child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...let me guess - math?! :) Wonderful news on your friend! The words cancer free are so sweet! Cannot wait to see the senior pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥