Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

He Shows Me How...

Lately I've had a situation that is perpetually repeating itself...over and over and over.
A tough situation.
A situation that if I am not diligent to guard my heart, could foster bitterness.
A situation that I have seen as "the other person's" fault.
A situation that is exhausting me mentally.
A situation that I am weary of.
A situation that could cause alot of damage if I allowed it to go to dangerous places.

This morning as I sat with my Bible, journal and pen, I cried out to the Lord to SHOW ME...

In return, through His sovereign, gentle way, He revealed that much of the fault lies within myself.
I am one-half of the situation.
I must be found faithful with my part.

Rather than bitterness, He desires that I choose love...
Rather than pride, He desires that I choose humility...
Rather than self-sufficiency, He desires that I ask for help...
Rather than independence, He desires that I rely...
Rather than pushing away, He desires that I draw close...

I have a choice...
Love is patient,
love is kind.

It does not envy,

it does not boast,
it is not proud.

It is not rude,

it is not self-seeking,

it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,

always trusts,

always hopes,

always perseveres.

Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4~8
That's what love is...
Not by my standards...
But by God's...

I want to choose love...
In every facet...
In my half of the situation, I desire to love...

I am thankful that when I seek God with an honest, raw & open heart, in His faithfulness, He shows me the answer to my need.

He doesn't just tell me to love...
Through His Word...
He shows me how...




1 comment:

  1. "I am one-half of the situation. I must be found faithful with my part." So true. So very, very true. But so hard. So very, very, very hard to look at myself as one-half of the problem and one-half of the solution. So much easier for me to point a finger and pout.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥