I did want to finish up the "words" and scriptures that concluded our Passion Week study last week.
Word 5
NEED
Later, knowing that all was now completed,
and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled,
Jesus said,
"I am thirsty."
John 19:28
Word 6
VICTORY
When He had received the drink,
Jesus said,
"It is finished."
With that,
He bowed His head and
gave up His spirit.
John 19:30
Word 7
TRUST
Jesus called out with a loud voice,
"Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit."
When He had said this,
He breathed His last.
Luke 23:46
NEED
Later, knowing that all was now completed,
and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled,
Jesus said,
"I am thirsty."
John 19:28
Word 6
VICTORY
When He had received the drink,
Jesus said,
"It is finished."
With that,
He bowed His head and
gave up His spirit.
John 19:30
Word 7
TRUST
Jesus called out with a loud voice,
"Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit."
When He had said this,
He breathed His last.
Luke 23:46
This was a great study and it really kept our hearts and minds directed on Easter. So many times we get so caught up in the "hype" of traditions and celebrations that we lose sight of "what" and "Who" we are celebrating. We have good intentions but the warmer weather, the thought of full churches, traditional Easter hymns, family dinners, blooming flowers, new clothing, ect...diverts where our hearts are centered and before we know it, Easter is here and gone and we've missed an opportunity to set our hearts on Jesus. Not just think on Him but truly set our hearts ON Him! Reflecting on where He walked, what He did, all He gave...for you...for me.
This year Kyle, the girls and I enjoyed a sunrise service behind our house, near our pond. It was a time to proclaim words of Life, surround ourselves with the creation of our Creator, rest in the stillness of His presence, rejoice in the fellowship we share as a family...physically and spiritually.
This year Kyle, the girls and I enjoyed a sunrise service behind our house, near our pond. It was a time to proclaim words of Life, surround ourselves with the creation of our Creator, rest in the stillness of His presence, rejoice in the fellowship we share as a family...physically and spiritually.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥