Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seven Words...Words 2, 3 & 4...

I apologize that I have fallen behind on our study of "Jesus' last seven words"... Life has been quite busy and to be honest, I have been investing every ounce of energy in Kyle, MaKayla and Mallary...my three most valuable blessings from the Lord. Like never before, God has given me such a desire to really put my priorities in order when it comes to how and where I spend my time. Like never before, I LOVE spending time with the three people I love most. Like never before, I am filled to overflowing just by being in their presence...loving them, serving them, nurturing them, investing in them, fully giving myself to them. By doing that, certain other "things" have taken a back-seat.

Word 2
GRACE
"Assuredly, I say to you,
today you will be with me in Paradise."
Luke 23:43

Word 3
COMPASSION
"He said to His mother,
'Woman, behold your son!'
Then He said to the disciple,
'Behold your mother!"
John 19:26, 27

Word 4
ANGUISH
"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?'
which is translated,
'My God, My God,
why have You forsaken Me?'"
Mark 15:34

Tonight's discussion between the four-of-us was great! We talked about:

*What it must have felt like for Jesus to feel "alone" after being in continual communion with God...

*What it must have felt like for Jesus to feel "alone" after never knowing separation from His Father...

*What must it have felt like for Jesus to have felt not only the deepest physical pain possible but such deep emotional pain as well...

*What must it have felt like for Jesus to take on the sin of the world...our sin, when He had never before known sin...


Then Mallary asked the question, "Is Satan a real person, in human form?" (She asked the question in response to the scene on 'The Passion of The Christ' where Satan was a person...) We answered the question the best that we knew how yet we are still pondering that one... Do I ever take on the "form" of Satan...in attitude? In action? In motive? In character?

The laundry's done, the school books are tucked away, the cabinets and refrigerator are full, the love-of-my-life has a three-day-weekend ahead...this is one content wife and momma! :o) Oh, and the Canasta cards are dealt...need to run!

P.S.) I had NO idea that Kyle was doing the previous post...I have such an awesome husband and I am SO thankful for his life!

1 comment:

  1. It's always amazed me to see the compassion Christ had specifically for his mother as He hung on the cross in excruciating pain...

    Whenever I'm in the least bit of pain - I'm the only one I think about!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥