Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

You Know Better Than I...

As I have been doing my Esther study by Beth Moore, I have truly felt God speaking to me in a mighty way. There were so many uncertainties in her life, some that people could see and some that were concealed. As Mom and I have discussed and pondered together through this study, one of the points she (Mom) brought out was, " We know the end of Esther's story and how things turned out. We know that the Jews were not killed and that things turned out good. At that point in time they didn't. They didn't have the knowledge that everything would be okay." And as we discussed that, it really made me think about my life. I don't know what will transpire in my next fifteen or twenty years. I don't know what my "end result" will be, but God does! Those that are closest to me know that I am a worrier and that I allow little things to occasionally send me into a tail-spin and as I have done this week's lesson God has gently held me accountable (as well as Mom) and once again reminded me that He is in control. There is a song that I really like that says "You know better than I"! I have no need to worry because even if I did know His plan I couldn't change it.
So, I have purposed within myself to rest in the arms of Jesus and to let my comfort and assurance come from Him!

Father~
As I come before you this morning I am so in awe of You! You have proven to me that You are truly my Comforter, Savior, Listener, and very Best Friend! You are the One I can come to when I am burdened, the One who I can depend on, the One I can trust, the One I know without any question of a doubt is ALWAYS there! You are the One who guides my every step and knows what my life will entail and has equipped me with the strength to embrace it! I praise You that You reveal your greatness and awesomeness every day! I praise You that You are God and that You are bigger and wiser than I could ever comprehend! I praise You that You know better than I!!!


You Know Better Than I

I thought I did what's right
I thought I had the answers
I thought I chose the surest road
But that road brought me here

So I put up a fight
And told You how to help me
Now just when I have given up
The truth is coming clear

You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
For You know better than I

If this has been a test
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing I don't know
Is part of getting through

I try to do what's best
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing I can do
Is put my trust in You

For You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
For You know better than I

I saw one cloud and thought it was a sky
I saw a bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught that bird to fly
If I let You reach me will You teach me

For You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
I'll take what answers You supply
You know better than I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥