Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

A New Kind of Holiday...

I told Kyle last night that MaKayla, Mal and I were going to take a day and "just be girls" today...
no school, no pressures, no chores...
just spending a fun day together.
Typically I will make a comment like this and have good intentions yet with a new morning I renege and don't follow through...
today was different.
I'm ready to be more laid back and relaxed...
more of a mom who enjoys her girls while she has them.
With the newly fallen snow, it made it all the more special and festive so I have entitled this new holiday of ours, "The First Day of Snow Holiday". Mallary sweetly and innocently suggested that we have "this holiday" the 16th of every month.
Imagine that!?!
We have truly enjoyed our day of reading, watching movies, enjoying the beautiful snow fall...
laughing, sharing hot chocolate, coffee and cappuccino...
Bible Study, playing cards, spending time in the snow and just visiting. The only downer...
Kyle couldn't be here with us...
however he will certainly come home to three happy and "chilled out" girls! :o)

The first snow of the season...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Warm drinks...Cherished conversations...

Silly girls in warm comfy jammies...

I think we all won at least one round...

Nothing like a good book on a snowy day...


1 comment:

  1. hi aunt mendi and everybody, i miss you guys so much! it has been so long. i hope you guys are doing good and that we can plan a get to together soon.

    love you all,
    savannah

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥