Wow did Oswald (My Utmost for His Highest) speak to me this morning. He always does but today's devotion really enlightened me...I guess it's not Oswald who spoke to me but God through his insight.
An excerpt from today...
If there is even a trace of individual self-satisfaction left in us, it always says, "I can't surrender," or "I can't be free." But the spiritual part of our being never says "I can't"; it simply soaks up everything around it. Our spirit hungers for more and more. It is the way we are built. We are designed with a great capacity for God, but sin, our own individuality, and wrong thinking keep us from getting to Him.
As I read this and allowed it to penetrate my heart I began thinking..."My spirit hungers for more and more...my spirit is hungry, it will get fed..." I had never thought about my spirit being hungry therefore I had never given thought to the fact that I feed my spirit every second of every day. In turn I began to ponder what I feed my spirit... It will live off of what I nurture it with and dependent of what I nurture it with will determine how "healthy" my spirit will be.
Spiritual Life: joy, His Word, hope, patience, love, mercy, trust, faith, rest, sacrifice, abandonment, contentment, simplicity, obedience, humility, courage, determination, sensitivity to the Holy Spirit...
Spiritual Death: criticism, selfishness, negativity, bitterness, resentment, anger, self-pity, frustration, despair, self-righteousness, inadequacy, defeat, jealousy, greed, pride, dread, worry, stress, denial, sensitivity of others offenses...
Many times in listening, watching and spending time with people it is very evident "what" they are feeding their spirit. I desire to feed my spirit life so that the glory of the Lord will be radiant.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥