Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thirsty...


Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.
Hebrews 6:7~8


As I slipped into bed last night, I felt thirsty...thirsty for something that no physical substance could quench. When I feel this way, I turn to God's Word knowing that He desires my communion and fellowship...knowing that He has something He wants to teach me...knowing that there is an area of my life He wants to transform and recreate. Upon reading these verses it was as if a storeroom of treasures and wealth were opened to me. I stood/stand in awe of the beauty...I went to sleep feeling nourished and I awoke feeling satisfied. I see where God is honing, sharpening, shaping, forming His life within me.


I reopened my Bible again this morning to pour over these words once more, only to be renewed and refreshed anew. When God blesses the earth with rain, all ground receives the nourishment it offers, yet some soil produces fruit (crop) and some soil produces blight (death). I myself determine what kind of crop will spring forth...

*How am I spending my time?
*How often am I actively in God's Word?
*What am I doing with what He is teaching me?
*Am I receiving and putting to work what He is showing me?

Oh, that I would produce a crop that will be pleasing, glorifying and nurturing to the Father....that I would choose to loose my will and dwell within His...that I would have a teachable heart so that I can receive the "rain" He promises and allow it to penetrate and nourish the soil of my heart...that my life will exemplify the "fruit" of Jesus!


Thank you Holy Spirit for quenching my thirst and for saturating my soul!
I'm forever in love with You!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥