Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Broken...

The best word to describe my day spiritually is...broken...

My devotion on Monday lead me to a scripture out of the book of Hebrews and I was so enthralled by what I read that I have felt compelled to continue to
dig deeper, push farther, linger longer.
As my heart has digested the words my eyes have fallen upon,
I am deeply humbled by all I have taken for granted the many years I have been a Christian.
I am broken...
Why do I settle for so much less than what God has prepared for me?
Why have I devalued grace so much for so long?
For Someone who gave ALL He had, so that I could live so abundantly,
I certainly do not honor Him,
dwell with Him
or radiate His life within me as He longs for.
I find myself humbly broken before Him with a teachable heart
...hungering...desiring...longing...
for nothing more than to know my Jesus in a way I never imagined.
Because of His blood,
I am invited second-by-second, minute-by-minute, day-by-day
to enter in to the Most Holy Place~the Holy of Holies;
a place of healing,
restoration,
fulfillment...
a place beyond description...
a place where You, Father, the God of all, dwells.
It is not a place unreachable simply because Jesus chose to do the will of the Father...
because He chose me.
I fall before Him broken...thankful...changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥