Even though life with girls is most always a joy & typically unpredictable (one never knows what might set someone "off" or make someone incandescently happy...yes, we make working on reigning in our emotions a continual reality...), as I walked through the living room Sunday afternoon I overheard Kyle mutter, "I hate hormones..." (Yes, with that much emotion...) I simply had to chuckle... :) For those of you out there solely raising girls, lacking any additional maleness to the equation, I pray God's grace is abundantly sufficient over your home and your husband. :) All joking aside, life with girls is wonderful. ♥
Yesterday morning I spent a great amount of time journalling where God has had us & what I've reaped & harvested from this most painful yet most liberating chapter in our lives. Word after word, page after page, I found myself so regretful for allowing my vision to be blurred for so long yet so thankful for the grace that has carried, covered & protected not only myself, but our entire family through the "wandering". As the ink of pen saturated into the fiber of paper, God in His sovereignty brought back to remembrance...
"Do not get confused & caught up in the distraction of finding the "where",
seek God."
&
"Last night on my knees I couldn't get past that God has something else for you guys.
I will continue to pray for Kyle & pray for peace for you & to give you direction."
Words of exhortation from a priceless, precious friend who cared more about our hearts than their personal emotions/feelings.
Words that were so timely & profound...
Words that I have clung tightly to...
Words that have carried me...
Words that have realigned my focus...
Time after time after time...
#1419 ~ confirming words from priceless friends
So many times the temptation was relentless to sell short & default to settling...
But then I remembered...
"Do not get confused & caught up in the distraction of finding the "where",
seek God."
&
"Last night on my knees I couldn't get past that God has something else for you guys.
I will continue to pray for Kyle & pray for peace for you & to give you direction."
#1692 ~ Just You, God...
And as I flip through the ink-filled, tear-stained, black-lined journal pages documenting the heart-wrenching pain, struggle & anguish present in the preceding chapter of life, I am beyond grateful that the gate of that pasture is closed & the reality of a fresh, lush, fragrant, nourishing meadow beckons us. A meadow that speaks peace & rest & healing & simplicity & feeding of the organic kind. Void of additives & bondage & vanity & superficiality. Void of man's expectations yet abundant with the purity of God's. I truly have never experienced the manifestation of freedom on my life like I do now for as long as I can remember.
Singing 'He Arose' & 'The Old Rugged Cross Made the Difference' & 'Something Beautiful' & 'All Hail King Jesus' reminded me from whence I came...
And to Where, Whom I am returning.
#1693 ~ the reality of deliverance & freedom...
It reminded me once again, that simply put, this life isn't it.
God wants all of me...
Here...
Now...
In unfeigned form.
Many blessings & lots of love to you this day... ♥