Schools are closed.
Events cancelled.
People are advised to stay in if at all possible.
Kyle donned his coveralls, braved the below zero temperatures & headed out first thing to care for the needs of the animals. Blessedly, I was privileged to remain inside preparing his breakfast of hot oatmeal & lunch of boiled eggs & fruit (he eats very little during the day). We chatted while he ate & then off to work he went... I miss him already... ♥
Thankful...
Thankful for a husband who sees the importance of working hard to provide...
Thankful for a husband who braves the elements to make sure our needs are met...
Our house is warm...
We have more than plenty of food to eat...
And clothes to cover our bodies...
Via a friend's facebook status this morning, "-29 and no power..."
A reminder to me of things I all too often take for granted.
Things I should be more mindful to take notice of...
And I think of a friend leaving for a bone marrow transplant this morning in an attempt to beat disease that works to control her body...
So as I begin the day ahead, I thank God...
♥For Kyle & his faithfulness, love & commitment to provide for our family...
♥For water pipes that aren't frozen (been there, done that too many times)...
♥For health...
♥For children that thrive...
♥For a network of friends who love me...
♥For food to prepare...
♥For coffee to drink... :)
♥For clothes to keep me warm...
♥For a cozy home that protects us from the elements...
♥For cell phones in case Kyle would have trouble...
♥For vehicles that start...
♥For God's Word that satisfies my hunger & thirst...
♥For a husband who as he prepares to walk out the door says, "The point is to stay warm. If you need to turn the furnace up, do it. That's why we pay the bills. And if you have to get out, you or the girls, put coveralls on...even if they're mine..." ♥
I begin this day prayerful for those who need the reality of His presence, nearness & touch...
Many blessings & much love to each of you on this Monday... ♥