Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yesterday's Troubles...




Yesterday was an all around tough day for me. It didn't start that way but as the minutes ticked away my attitude/thoughts went from positive & upbeat to downcast & despair. Intermittent crying sessions littered my day... Blame could fall on the weather. Or that I'm tired. Or lack of fresh air & sunshine. Or that am doing a great amount of study for the groups I am leading. Or that I don't deal well with continual gloom & doom dispositions of others. Or... Typically I am a cup-half-full kind of person who always sees hope in every situation so days like yesterday are quite uncommon to me. I'm always looking to encourage, uplift & serve who ever is in my midst or who ever is texting me at the time. ;)

#794 ~ Jim Brickman music, warm fireplace, low lights & cozy blankets on hard days

Shortly after Kyle came home from work another unfortunate situation happened; an ignorant mistake on my part (I take full responsibility) & my mood took another turn...not for the better mind you...not angry, just desperation... The girls had a standing Wii date planned in the basement so as they headed downstairs, Kyle sat me down at the kitchen table. I crumbled...



I live a life longing to see others happy...fulfilled...satisfied...
I look for ways to accomplish that...
And when those around me are down...empty...discontent...
I feel I have failed...somewhere...somehow...someway...
I feel as though what I am doing simply isn't enough...

#795 ~ heartfelt letters from Mal

Supper was eaten.
Dishes were done.
Baths were taken.
Puzzles were worked on.
Blogs designs were updated.
Music for Sunday was being comprised.
Feet were massaged.
Ice cream was enjoyed.
Gaithers were watched.



As I laid my head in Kyle's lap & drifted off to sleep, I was reminded...
Even on the hard days, God is faithful & God is good.
Tears may fall...
He dries them...
Hearts may break...
He binds them...
Despair may loom...
He extends joy...
Spirits may be crushed...
He saves them...

#796 ~ Hershey's chocolate






Throughout the night He prompted me to pray...
*for a friend's baby who is ill
*for a friend's grandson who is undergoing tests
*for a friend & her family who are struggling with their current church home
*for situations in my own family

As I awoke this morning, the Lord said to my heart...
"The weariness of yesterdays troubles do not have to dictate your joy of today..."
He is right...




Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; 
great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

#798 ~ Being loved by the God of hope