Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

This moment...

Kyle's phone alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. signaling that the night has passed & a new day has dawned. He resets it for 5:30 & snuggles in close to me...

Kyle's phone alarm goes off at 5:30 signaling that another 30 minutes have passed & it is NOW time to REALLY get UP... He snuggles in close for just a few more minutes & then pulls himself from our warm bed.

A fresh, new day has embarked on this life, our life.
Tired? Yes.
Would love a little (or a lot) more sleep? Absolutely.

Kyle is now off to work.
The girls still sleep.
Crazy-busy weekend & both were feeling a little scratchy in the throat last night.
Essential oil diffuser & rest will do them good.

As I move about around the house this morning thinking about what this day, this week will hold, my mind becomes a stir. The Lord reminds me to refocus... On the here & now... This moment...


I pour me a hot cup of coffee that Kyle brewed... Just. For. Me. before he left.
I put last night's dishes in their appointed places...
I look around the kitchen...
I am reawakened to the reality of how blessed I am.

A heaping bowl of fresh fruit sitting on the kitchen table.
An unopened container of apple juice that MaKayla requested from the store.
Bananas neatly hanging from their rack.
Electricity.
Water.
Clothing.
Bible study books & The Book that clarifies it all.
Pens.
Paper.
A candle warmly burning.
Health.
Love...

A God who meets my every need from the smallest to the greatest.
A husband who works tirelessly to provide for our family.

A God who loves me in depths that I will never fully know until I see Him face-to-face.
A husband who loves me/our girls with no conditions.

A God who longs to commune & fellowship with me every moment of every day.
A husband who invests every free moment in the lives of MaKayla, Mal & I.

I look around & I am thankful.
I. Am. Blessed.
I. Am. Loved.
I. Am. Adored.
I. Am. Provided for.

The two most important relationships in my life are ones that complete me.
They make me who I am.
My Creator.
My husband.
They are my all-in-all.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
Psalm 139:17-18
 
Look around you today...
Count your blessings...
Name them one-by-one...
Count your many blessings...
See what God has done...