It's a quiet, rainy morning here. The girls & I are all gathered around the kitchen table, each doing our own thing, yet blessedly in the comfort of one another's company. Mal, writing a report for school. MaKayla, working on her Bible Study. Myself, conversing with a sister-friend of mine via e-mail. In the midst of the messy, overflowing table sits a warm candle burning. My life & my heart are full to overflowing. Plain & simple.
Our days & weeks have continued to be quite busy, even to the point of needing to reschedule a "sew date" tomorrow. Disappointing? Absolutely. Freeing? For sure.
Through both the 'Fruit of the Spirit' study MaKayla, Mal & I are participating in on Sunday mornings & the study I am leading on Monday evenings, God has been repeatedly impressing on my heart the necessity of seeking out the Holy Spirit's filling, guidance & work in my life...DAILY. Seeking Him to fill & refill & fill some more. A fresh filling with each new day that I awake to. I'm sure I knew the importance of this, however I have been reminded distinctly through each of these studies that the only way I can live a fruitful, victorious & selfless life is to be refilled anew on a daily basis with the power & presence of the Holy Spirit. In & of myself I am a carnal body of flesh that seeks after my own desires yet through the filling of the Spirit, I am intimately connected to the One who created me & loves me most. And when I am intimately connected to Him on the deepest level, I am able to live out who He desires me to be. And as I live out who He desires me to be, He produces fruit through me. And as that fruit is produced, others are touched by Christ. The "others" being my family & those I am in contact with.
The more God deals with me & teaches me on this, the more I recognize the reality of His presence & control in my life. The more control He has, the less I think of self. The less I think of self, the more I am able to see the hearts & needs of others. The more I am able to see the hearts & needs of others, the more fruit He is able to pour out through me. The more fruit He pours out, the more others are being nurtured, affirmed, cared for, encouraged & comforted. The more others are being nurtured, affirmed, cared for, encouraged & comforted, the more God is glorified.
I feel abundantly blessed to be a vessel. A chosen vessel.
I pray that as I allow the Holy Spirit to fill me, others will see Jesus & in turn will have a deeper desire to know Him, to love Him, to serve Him. Even if the "others" are no one besides Kyle, MaKayla & Mal... ♥