Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today...

It's a cool, damp, rainy, cozy morning here. The first we've really had this fall.

Mal & I are here at home alone. MaKayla is away tending to a commitment that she had previously made. Thankfully she will be home soon!

With a chance of snow in the forecast later this afternoon/evening, Mallary begged and pleaded with me to play some "pre-Christmas" music and since I love it as much as she, I gave in! :) Peaceful Jim Brickman melodies fill the air.

I have a Yankee Pear Orchard candle burning here in the living room. MaKayla has a Christmas Cookie candle burning in her bedroom. Mal has a Hazelnut candle burning in her room. Scents of the coming holidays linger regardless of what part of the house we are in.

A fall Hometown Collection puzzle sits neatly completed and put together on the coffee table.

I'm thinking of putting a pot of soup on for lunch/supper. Mallary is quietly working on her History assignment.

The kettle sits on the stove with hot water waiting to be used... Mal is sipping hot-chocolate, I am sipping hot peppermint tea.

The only thing that would make my morning any more wonderful would be to have Kyle here at home with us! ♥ ♥ ♥

I am thankful for the gift of home...♥
I am thankful for the gift of those I love the most...♥




4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Brenda! We try to take a "raised hands" picture each year and place it on the wall of our home along with our other family pictures! This was a last minute one but we love it!

    Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainy days, and even Christmas music a little too early. ;)
    Love those delightfully scented candles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura won't let us listen to Christmas music until Thanksgiving - but sometimes it just feels like we should!

    My heart has been craving some of those quiet cuddly restful days after the busyness of fall and harvest.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥