Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

He Equips Me...

As I sat in a quiet room this evening listening to the soothing tunes of Jim Brickman, I found myself asking the question, "How does God see me? What is His perception of me in my day-to-day activities? Do I live up to the hopes and expectations He has on my life?" "Does He see me acting responsibly? Does He see me making wise decisions? Does He see an abundance of peace in my life or does He see anxiousness, confusion and discontentment?"

The more I thought about the specific reality of these questions, the more He reminded me that because of His grace, He equips me to walk in the hope & expectancy that He has for me. That's an amazing and encouraging promise for me.

Why do I shortchange His provision?
Why do I choose common-sense, familiar decisions rather than divine, responsible ones?
Why do I settle for less when there is so much more?
Is it because I simply fall into a "pattern"?
Is it because I don't think and pray before I decide?
Is it because a habit reigns, over purposing to do what God would expect/desire?

This may be in regard to:
*how I invest my time
*the way I spend my money
*what or how much I eat
*how I respond to those around me
*the way I care for the possessions that have been entrusted to me
*the way in which I fulfill my personal responsibilities
*how I react in trying, difficult and uncomfortable situations

Each day I am given the gift & freedom to choose...

I desire to live according to the hope and expectancy that God has for my life.

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back for the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. ~Hebrews 13:20~21


1 comment:

  1. You know - sometimes those common-sense decisions seem more responsible than the divine ones because I'm looking at them through the wrong eyes. If I could only see things through God's eyes all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥