Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So Much More...

In the quietness of this new morning, I am thankful that God has given me the privilege of knowing what the reality of intimacy with Him looks like, feels like, is...

Kyle and I have been talking for quite some time about the essence of shallow faith. Spending enough time with God to feel "comfortable". Dwelling in that arena where one is covered by grace but not saturated with the Holy Spirit. Serving others in abundance but not taking the time to commune with the One who the service should flow through. Believing, trusting and confessing Jesus yet failing to truly pursue Him. Getting acquainted with the Saviour of this world yet choosing to stay at a safe distance. Falling short of the "so much more"... Opting to skim the surface rather than to dig deeper... Remaining in the "outer courts" in exchange for pressing in to see Him, know Him, be with Him.

I pity the one and grieve for the one who chooses to settle for shallow faith. Jesus is longing, waiting and calling. He is pursuing those He loves.

There is so much more...

I desire the so much more...

He who formed the foundations of the world & set the days and seasons into place, chooses to love me...

I long to know Him in His fullness...

I choose to enter in...




It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining.
And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.
Luke 23:44~45


Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, His body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith...
Hebrews 10:19~22



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥