Growing up, I can recall distinct moments in which I "encountered God"... You know, those moments in which you knew He was real... You knew what you were experiencing was going beyond what was typical... A different feel... A different presence... Deeper... More intimate... Unexplainable...
For me, those moments happened in the church our family attended when I was a very young girl and then again at youth camp. I distinctly remember... The first time when I was probably four years old and then again when I was a teenager. Of course I am certain that there were times in between... I know there were...
One of my greatest aspirations in life, is together with Kyle, raise MaKayla & Mallary in a way that they KNOW God, they DESIRE God and they ENCOUNTER God...not just through us but most importantly in a real & personal way. The Holy Spirit is our Counselor, our Comforter, our Teacher and our Guide. For us, it is imperative that they know the reality of who He is!
For Father's Day the girls and I ordered Kyle a CD/DVD of one of his most favorite worship artists that he was honored to sit under at a Seminars4Worship conference several years back. After Kyle took in his teaching and then we attended a concert of his in the evening, we were immediately hooked and have been ever since, therefore I knew Kyle would love it!. Brian doesn't entertain, he compels and draws you into the presence of the Most Holy One... We as a family sat through nearly half of the DVD Sunday evening and then finished it last night. One word sums it up...AMAZING!!! Both MaKayla & Mal were captivated and enthralled.
The more we watched, the more our hearts were opened.
The more we watched, the more the Holy Spirit penetrated our home.
The more we watched, the more we encountered God.
The more we watched, the more the Holy Spirit penetrated our home.
The more we watched, the more we encountered God.
It was a live, raw and diverse video shoot. It was simple, pure, free & amazing worship. It included various people... People praying... People playing musical instruments... People painting an abstract piece of art... People dancing... People sharing testimonies of deliverance... People using flags... People singing... People standing... People kneeling... People sitting... People encountering God...
I can't even begin to explain what happened...it was surreal...it was moving...it was wonderful...it was life-transforming...
We as a family, encountered God!
After the DVD was over, we visited together about how the Holy Spirit was speaking to us...individually and as a family... We talked together, cried together, prayed together and then ended our evening with a song of praise!
It was amazing...
It was an encounter that none of us will forget...
We encountered God!
I can't even begin to explain what happened...it was surreal...it was moving...it was wonderful...it was life-transforming...
We as a family, encountered God!
After the DVD was over, we visited together about how the Holy Spirit was speaking to us...individually and as a family... We talked together, cried together, prayed together and then ended our evening with a song of praise!
It was amazing...
It was an encounter that none of us will forget...
We encountered God!
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Acts 2:1~4
You have made known to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence. Acts 2:28
You have made known to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence. Acts 2:28
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥