Yesterday right before lunch, the mail lady pulled up in our driveway. This is always a sign that we have received a package that won't fit into our oversized rural mailbox. Typically, any time we receive something of this nature, we figure it's from my high school best friend, Renee'.
The mail lady, handed the box to me and I immediately looked at the return address label. Nope, the name and address listed didn't ring any kind of a bell within my head. The books that I had ordered for Kyle had been delivered so it wasn't those. The books that I had previously ordered for MaKayla had arrived earlier in the week so I knew it wasn't that either. Hmm...
I brought the package inside, opened the box and found a card that said:
To say good-bye to a special friend is to lose a little piece of your heart.
It hurts to lose such a devoted,
trusting and loyal companion.
This memorial was created
in remembrance of
Fletcher
by your friend,
Renee'
It hurts to lose such a devoted,
trusting and loyal companion.
This memorial was created
in remembrance of
Fletcher
by your friend,
Renee'
Immediately the tears began to well up in my eyes as I opened this:
Renee' has a heart for animals and her own Saba is the love of her life...literally. I mean, she even has health insurance on this canine companion of hers. Any time she has been back here to visit, she has loved on and enjoyed Fletcher so much therefore her heart broke right along with ours when we lost him just a little over a month ago.
We have some pictures of Fletch sitting on a little table in our dining room where his memorial rock will rest for now...it's just too special to put outside where the weather might damage it.
With spring days visiting us more often, we really notice his absence all the more. He isn't there when Kyle is cooking something on the grill or when I have clothes on the clothes line or when MaKayla takes walks or when Mallary is out jumping rope. We REALLY, REALLY miss him!
It was an amazing unexpected surprise and we were so touched by her thoughtfulness and love.
Thanks Renee'! We love you much!
What a beautiful gift and tribute for Fletcher. I couldn't read your post without tearing up. Those moments of kindness are certainly gifts from the Lord.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day.
Rachel
Rachel~
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I know you have SO MANY followers therefore I feel blessed that you touched my day today! :o)
Blessings to you~
Mendi
I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Fletcher. I know you must miss him and all of his loyalty.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift from a thoughtful friend.
blessings,
ashley