Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Enhancing...



Occasionally inserts will be placed in the bulletins at church and I greatly enjoy reading over them. The theme or subject on this past insert was about love due to Valentine's Day and one of the articles it contained truly spoke to my heart. It was written about a man who was having marital issues and had visited a marriage counselor. The man conveyed to the counselor that he just didn't have feelings for his wife anymore and therefore couldn't find it within himself to love her and deemed the marriage a complete loss. Sound like our society today?

The counselor shared this:

True love, the kind of love that keeps a couple together for a lifetime, is not a feeling but an attitude. It says, With the help of God, I'm going to do everything I can to enhance the life of my spouse. He went on to say that warm, romantic feelings are the result of love, not the essence of love.

Although Kyle and I have an awesome marriage, I thought alot about what I had read. I processed and meditated on the reality and truth of the advice given and the Lord enlightened me that I am not only Kyle's help meet but I as well am here to enhance his life. Wow, was that powerful for me!


I'm not here just to love him, care for him, help him, pray for him, encourage him...


I'm not here just to cook his meals, wash his clothes, clean the house, raise our children...


I'm not here just to be his best friend, lover, wife and cheerleader...


I'm here to enhance his life...

all the above and so much more...


To increase him, as price, value, beauty and pleasure...


That means to continually look beyond myself, my desires, my needs, my wants in order to increase him in price, value, beauty and pleasure.


The article went on to say that in the book of Titus (a portion of Scripture that my eyes have fallen on numerous times lately), us "older" women are instructed to teach the younger women to love their husbands.


There is no greater calling the Lord has placed on my life than to enhance the life of My Man and to increase him with my every word, action, thought and attitude.




What a blessed calling!


What an exciting career!


What a beautiful life!


What a rich woman I am!


(Can you tell that I love what I am called to do?) :o)

1 comment:

  1. Enhance - what a beautiful word! And what a fun calling! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥