Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We Love You Fletch!!



Today has been a very hard day for our family as we have had to say goodbye to our beloved Fletcher. He has still been declining, not eating or drinking and losing weight and today he got sick again, so Mendi called and we took him back to the Dr. and decided to open him up and have the Dr. do exploratory surgery to see what was going on.

The Dr. called and with much sadness we learned that Fletcher had cancer of the spleen and liver. We all hated to hear the news but somewhat assumed something like this was the problem. Please pray that God would give us peace and comfort. It's hard to lose him when he has been a part of our family for so long.

I am so grateful for the love the girls have given him while I've had to be at work and especially Mendi as she has spent many hours comforting him and trying to get him to eat and drink. She truly loves and gives each and everyone of us all that she has and I am so blessed by her life.

I love you babe! Thank you for loving Fletcher!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss! It is never easy. My heart sunk when I saw your picture of Fletcher; he looks JUST like my Chloe-who is now 9yo. The past year I have been worried about her because I know she is getting old, & I'm scared for the day that I'm going to have to face the same reality that you did. I'm not usually a worrier when it comes to stuff like that, but with her it's different. She is very special to me. I know words aren't enough, so I'm sending cyber hugs & prayers!

    God Bless!
    Danae@Believing Unbeliever
    http://www.danaefarias.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥