Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What I Was Created For...

The past few days I have been in a nasty slump! One of those slumps where you don't feel good mentally, physically, emotionally and to a degree spiritually. I will humbly and regretfully admit that I've been on the solid side of cranky...

As I awoke this morning feeling disgruntled, I sought the Lord for direction, correction and insight into this less-than-desirable demeanor. He ever so gently reminded me of what I was created for...

Life has been seriously crazy, busy and this woman doesn't do well when she is on the go continuously day-after-day-after-day-after-day... Hopping from one thing to the next, from one place to the next. Now, I know if I shared with some women how I was feeling and why, they would view me as weak, lacking and frail yet God reminds me of what I was created for...

I was created to be a "keeper of the home"...

A helpmeet to the love of my life...


A momma to my two most valuable possessions...


A devoted and faithful child of the King...

I can only speak for myself however when I step outside of my calling, busy myself with the demands of the world and fail to spend adequate time with my Savior, the giver of life, I grow weary and cease to bear fruit.

Much of what we have had going on could not be helped however...

It's time for me to slow down, commune with the Lord and regain my vision. The vision of what I was created for!

The Lord gives strength to His people;
the Lord blesses His people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

3 comments:

  1. Wow - there must be something in the weather because I've been the same way. I needed this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! You took the words right out of my mouth and heart! I appreciate your honesty!

    I pray that you are out of the slump and back on level ground. : )

    love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this little reminder! I have been going a bit crazy too, and sometimes I forget to put God first. I try to do it all in my strength, and then ask Him to bless it afterwards. Why don't I do it in HIS strength and get His blessing first!??? I guess it is part of being a fleshly, sinful human. God bless you as you get your priorities straight and strength and direction from our Lord and King! (And me too!) :-)
    Maellen

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥