As I read the other morning, the words, "Furthermore, tell the people, 'This is what the Lord says: See, I am setting before you the way of life and the way of death." This portion of scripture goes on to talk about the consequences of each choice but the thought that I am given those same choices really pricked my heart and stuck therein. The reality that each morning I awake, I am given a choice of whether I will choose a path of life or a path of death. A path of life or a path of death in:
*my speech
*my actions
*my attitude
*my actions
*my attitude
It's not a choice the Lord makes for me, it's a choice I deliberately have to make myself and the stark reality of it all is the fact that the path I choose, influences the path that I lead others to as well...mainly my husband and our children. With a fresh school year just about to start, it was a wake-up call and reminder I SO needed!
Are my words, words of encouragement, affirmation, assurance and confidence which lead to life or are my words, words of criticism, defeat, negativity and destruction which lead to death?
Are my actions, actions of love, servanthood and gentleness which lead to life or are my actions, actions of hostility, selfishness, reluctancy and rigidness which lead to death?
Is my attitude an attitude of patience, sacrifice, thankfulness and love which lead to life or is my attitude an attitude of frustration, pride, self-pity and irritability which leads to death?
As hard as it is admit, the majority of the time as the keeper of our home, my speech, my actions and my attitude set the tone of everyone else's as well. The Lord has enlightened me to this vivid reality very clearly the past several months. I have a choice to make...
Are my actions, actions of love, servanthood and gentleness which lead to life or are my actions, actions of hostility, selfishness, reluctancy and rigidness which lead to death?
Is my attitude an attitude of patience, sacrifice, thankfulness and love which lead to life or is my attitude an attitude of frustration, pride, self-pity and irritability which leads to death?
As hard as it is admit, the majority of the time as the keeper of our home, my speech, my actions and my attitude set the tone of everyone else's as well. The Lord has enlightened me to this vivid reality very clearly the past several months. I have a choice to make...
What path am I choosing this day...
...the path of life
or
or
...the path of death?
"Furthermore, tell the people, 'This is what the Lord says:
See, I am setting before you the way of life and the way of death.
Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague.
But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; he will escape with his life.
I have determined to do this city harm and not good, declares the Lord.
It will be given into the hands of the king of Babylon,
and he will destroy it with fire."
We can do it God's way which brings life
or
we can do it our way which leads to death.
His way is LIFE!
I'm so thankful for a Saviour!
"Furthermore, tell the people, 'This is what the Lord says:
See, I am setting before you the way of life and the way of death.
Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague.
But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; he will escape with his life.
I have determined to do this city harm and not good, declares the Lord.
It will be given into the hands of the king of Babylon,
and he will destroy it with fire."
We can do it God's way which brings life
or
we can do it our way which leads to death.
His way is LIFE!
I'm so thankful for a Saviour!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥