Thankful for a girl who longs for my presence...
Wants me near...
Cherishes the relationship we share...
And finds my touch as a balm of healing...
Thankful for a husband whose desire is for me to be home...
Who works hard...
Provides abundantly...
And sees these moments with our girls as an investment...
Of the heavenly kind.
First it was me. Then, her. Blah. Nothing major but significant enough that even laying down was undesirable... As I told my sister, Marci, I won't complain...I will taking any form of temporary ailment over throwing up. I would have a cold 365 days out of the year over one bout of the stomach yuck & I would just about rather die than puke. Just sayin'... :) But not lyin'... About the time I started feeling "normal", Mal started feeling not-so-good...head hurting, sore throat, body aching, throbbing ears, fever... Happy Valentine's Day to her...not. We stayed in all weekend long & finally today she is upright, dressed & attempting school work. I'm thankful I have these moments... ♥ Today would be one of those days that were Mal enrolled in public school, I would have felt "pressured" to send her on her way even though I knew she wasn't up to par. Thus, running her immunity down more and infecting all others around her. Not good. Not good at all.
Thankfully, she's here with me continuing to recoup... ♥
Thankfully, I'm here with her nurturing back health... ♥
Speaking of Valentine's Day... ♥
It was an in-service day of the homemaking kind... ♥
| MaKayla at the sewing machine... Mal rolling out sugar cookies... ♥ |
| Hearts of course... ♥ |
| Love her hands... ♥ |
| Fresh from the oven... ♥ |
| A break from sewing... ♥ |
| To mix up frosting... ♥ (I secretly HATE this job...) |
| Homemade goodness... ♥ |
| Packaged for delivery... ♥ |
| Sweet treasures... ♥ |
| Homemade jambalaya... ♥ |
| Around the table... ♥ |
| We typically do an Italian meal but decided to switch things up a bit... ♥ |
| And jalapeno, cheddar cornbread... ♥ Yum-oh! |
| Kyle's gift from us girls... ♥ |
| So surprised... ♥ |
| He instantly fell in love... ♥ |
Kyle knew MaKayla was going to be creating this at some point...
But had no idea it was in the works... ♥
| Creative card from Grandpa Bill & Grandma Sharon... ♥ A highlight for the girls every year... ♥ |
| Unfolding... ♥ |
| Kyle & his girls... ♥ |
| Wrapped up in homemade goodness... ♥ |
And then the gifting of the girls... ♥
| Momma & her girls... ♥ |
It was a beautiful day apart from Mal not feeling the greatest...
A day of love...
Laughter...
Productivity...
New recipes...
And old ones...
Surprises...
Homemade goodness...
And simply being together.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥