Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

I See It As A Gift...

Today...
Is my birthday.

I don't share this tidbit of information in order to get well wishes or to brag...
Yet I share this because today...
Because today, I celebrate life. ♥

Many people dread getting older...
I see it as a gift.

Many people get depressed as the numbers climb...
I see every extra tally mark as opportunity redeemed.

Many people "hide" their age...
I see it as a testimony of God's faithfulness.

Many people want gifts...
The gifts I have are immeasurable, invaluable, unexplainable.

Many people want to be "recognized"...
Today, I recognize Dad & Mom...
Parent's who, against other's wishes, chose to have one more.


Who chose to conceive me...
Keep me...
Carry me...
Bring me into this world.

Two people who cared for me...
Raised me...
Loved me...
Nurtured me...
And pointed me in the way of the cross.

A man & a woman...
With the help of God...
Shaped me into the person I am today.

Many people want their special day all about them...
I want today to be just like every other day...
A day to love...
Laugh...
Live.

As Kyle & I lay in the bed the other morning, he said, "I never dreamed life could be this wonderful." ♥
"Me, either." ♥

Yet it is... ♥

It hasn't always been this way...
Thus the reason it means what it does. ♥

God is a redeemer of all things broken...
And He redeemed our marriage...
Our family...
Our home.

Today it is a most beautiful picture within & without...

I give God utmost praise for that reality.

As my birthday approached, MaKayla drilled me regarding what I wanted to do, what I wanted to eat & how I wanted to spend the day. "You make everyone else's birthdays so special..."

"Honey, every day is special to me... Just being with your dad & You & Mal... Living life... Sharing life... Embracing life... School... Reading aloud... Sewing... Laundry... Meals... Dishes... I. Love. Life. God has given me the best of everything I could ever want... But thank you..."

Kyle had planned to surprise me & take the weekend & today off, yet after the phone call he received Wednesday afternoon we both knew that work was where he needed to be...

And for the first time in my all-too-selfish life, 
I was more than okay with that decision...

As we crawled into bed last night & curled up next to one another he whispered, "I'm grateful that I get to wake up & be the very first person to tell you, 'Happy Birthday' tomorrow." ♥


Simply put, that's gift enough for me... ♥

He is my greatest treasure in this life. ♥

So today...
If Mal wants to do school, we will.
If MaKayla wants to sew, she can.

If not...
We will read...
And work on our newest 1,000 piece puzzle.


We will cook...
And make noodles...
And pick up the house.

And be together. ♥

This life is so much more than I ever could have asked for...
Or dreamed of...
Or hoped to experience.

God has lavished so many rich blessings upon me...
And...
I.
Am.
Thankful.

The Lord has done great things for me, 
and I am filled with joy.
~Psalm 126:3