Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's The Way We Do Things...♥

Date nights with my amazing husband always catapult joy & happiness & belonging within me...
They remind me that he loves me...
And assure me that he still wants to be with me...♥

He talks with me...
Holds my hand...
And listens to my heart. ♥

He helps me work things through my garbled brain...
Proposes solutions...
And takes control of the things he feels aren't mine to carry. ♥

He laughs with me...
Prays with me...
And reminds me how much I am cherished. ♥

I am a rich woman indeed. ♥

So thankful today for:

Doctor's appointments that turn into date nights... ♥
And thread shopping...
And make-up buying...

Just him & me...♥
Just me & him...♥

And...

Chipotle... ♥
We always share a bowl... ♥
For here or to go? For here...
White or brown rice? Brown, please.
Black or pinto beans? Black.
Grilled veggies...
1/2 chicken...
1/2 steak...
Pico de galo...
Corn...
Sour cream...
Lettuce...
3 small soft shells...
Chips on the side...
Two waters, please... ♥
And then we huddle in a corner booth & enjoy a simple meal together. ♥

Followed by Coldstone...♥
Coffee ice cream with mix ins...
Graham cracker crumbs...
Chocolate chips...
Chopped pecans...
In a chocolate dipped waffle bowl...
Per Kyle's request... ♥
And then I feed him alternating bites as we drive down the road home... ♥

It's the way we do things... ♥

♥ Taylor guitar coffee mugs left out just for me...


 ♥ Nala prints left neatly on the frosty deck rail...


♥ Shimmering leaves...


♥ The promise of heat on a cold fall morning...


♥ Heavily frosted grass...


And yes, I had a lengthy post all typed up & then the internet went down & everything was lost.
And no I don't go by notes so only God knows what it said...
And...
Remember the essence of yesterday's post?

Today, above all else (discouragement, frustration, impatience, irritation, minor set backs, lack of understanding), I choose JOY! It drowns out the darkness & radiates light. It's gonna be a beautiful day!

For the sake, health & well-being of all involved, instead of getting discouraged, frustrated, impatient or irritated, I chose JOY! They are grateful & I am happier. :)

We would worry less if we praised more.
Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent & dissatisfaction.
~Harry A. Ironside