Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

An Overcoming Combination...

There are just some days when life seems bigger than others...
Today is one of those for me.

One of those melt into a puddle kind of days...

I'm not grouchy...
Or out of sorts...

Just blah...
Burdened...
Prayerful...

It could be the gloomy clouds outside...
Or specific struggles in life.

It could be the reality of not having a current church home...
Or the heartache that goes along with walking beside someone you love who is fighting spiritual battles of the intensest of kinds.

It could be the missing of certain family/friends...
Or an undisclosed longing.

Today though, instead of allowing Satan to use these things to consume my mind with worry, despair & irritability, I'm coming against him & the cares of this life with prayer, trust & praise.

Prayer for God to be provisional in the struggles...
Strength for those who are fighting...
Present amidst the longing...

MaKayla brought this song to my remembrance the other day...



A song that I used to sing when Kyle, Dad & I sang as a group. ♥

As I've gone about my day, I've been allowing it to run through my mind in order to remember...
Even when I can't see or understand...
God is good...
God is faithful...
God can be trusted...

Praise & prayer...
Prayer & praise...
It's an overcoming combination...
With God at the center.

And then I look outside & see this...


She is deliberate...
She is determined...
She is diligent...


Some day, one day, she will make a blessed wife & momma.
A faithful help meet.
A compassionate nurturer.


I've determined for the remainder of November, I am going to highlight one thing (or maybe more) per day in word & in picture, a specific blessing that I am genuinely thankful for.

Today it is the hard work & perseverance of this one, 
my first born.


No matter what it is she puts her hand to, she does it proficiently...


No matter what she sets her mind to, she will accomplish...


No matter how tired she gets, she fails to give up...

This project has been on her mind & she has voiced a desire to do study & research over the winter months as a means to expand & multiply our garden. Adding new things. Increasing the fruit of our labor. Supplying more to can & preserve. I simply told her, "Go for it!" :)

MaKayla went out earlier to attempt the starting of the tiller but to no avail. When Kyle text me on his morning break, per this child's request, I immediately called him & asked for "instructions"... Are you kidding me?!? Instructions on how to run a seen-it's-better-day-more-than-an-antique tiller? He patiently & specifically gave her a five minute run down on how to get it going. She didn't look confident yet she cinched up her hood & out the door she went. As I was helping Mal with school a few minutes later, I heard a faint hum & sure enough, when I looked out the window, this was the picture I saw... ♥


Today, I am thankful for a girl who gives whatever it is she is doing, her all...
One who doesn't give up...
One who doesn't give in...
One who sticks with it until she gets it...♥


Today, I am thankful for a dad who is willing & present (even if by phone) to help his girls learn, grow & understand things this mom knows nothing about...♥


And for those of you who are following MaKayla's 'Bust At Home Creations' page on facebook, this little picture is in reference to the post she published Saturday evening... 


Such a delicious "payment" her sweatshop employees received after a long & arduous day of labor Saturday...♥

And yes, she made it. ♥