MaKayla woke not feeling well this morning. To bed with a scratchy throat. Up with a sore one... Along with plugged ears & a congested head. She is chugging the water... And working on sewing projects. Life goes on amidst feeling crummy. She's a strong girl, that she is. ♥
Two conversations that I've had this morning have contained the word:
- exclusion -
to prevent (someone) from doing something or being a part of a group
to leave out (something/someone): to not include (something/someone)
to think that (something/someone) is not worth attention
to prevent or restrict the entrance of
to bar from participation, consideration, or inclusion
to expel or bar especially from a place or position previously occupied
Two separate people.
Two separate situations.
Yet the same reality.
It happens in all arenas of life...
Family...
Friends...
Co-workers...
Some exclusions could simply be perceived...
Some exclusions are clearly real.
Don't look like me.
Don't act like me.
Don't know if I really like you.
Cliques.
The feeling of exclusion surfaces many different emotions...
From anger to sadness...
Depending on the person.
From emptiness to hurt...
Depending on the process of working through.
From bitterness to longing...
Not good enough.
Not smart enough.
Simply just didn't fit.
Groups.
As I pondered these discussions, I recalled times I, myself have felt left out, not-a-part, barred...
And times I more than likely made others feel expelled.
Nothing in common.
Wrong interests.
Not the right type.
Popular crowds.
Maybe visiting about a certain situation/circumstance within ear shot of someone who simply isn't involved or connected...
They know it.
And so do I.
Wounded.
Maybe I did it to nonchalantly reinforce to the person in ear shot that they simply don't belong.
Maybe it was done to me for the same reason.
Scarred.
Or possibly something was said without thought as to who could hear...
Or how it would affect.
Innocent.
Regardless of the how or the why...
The damage has been done.
Another wall within someone's spirit has been built.
We say we don't care...
But we do.
And then as I think it through...
God doesn't care about cliques...
Groups.
Popular crowds.
He sees us all the same...
He doesn't care about the specific what we're excluded from...
He cares about the heart that has been wounded.
He excluded no one for no reason.
The woman with the issue of blood.
The leper.
The tax collector.
The cripple.
The woman caught in the act of adultery.
No, He met them where they were, healed them of their infirmity, cleansed them from their sin & released them from the bondage they once found themselves tied to.
He welcomed them.
Accepted them.
Adopted them into His family.
I've been the excluded...
I've been the excluder...
I've been scarred...
I've wounded others...
My morning conversations have convicted me & brought me to repentance...
At the same time, they've brought freedom to my aching spirit.
A healing mix. ♥
He's met me where I'm at...
He's healed me of my infirmity...
He's cleansed me from my sin...
He's released me from the bondage I once was tied to...
It doesn't mean the pain immediately dissipates yet it helps to put things in perspective & gives me sight to see things through God's eyes.
Friday's Thankfulness:
♥ Watching Mal "teach" Kyle Yoga...
His GI doctor suggested it for stress relief...
Both windows open, the waking temperature of our room as 40 degrees...
This photo was taken an hour after the windows had been shut... :)
| Excuse the ugly school room thermometer... |
♥ Set out just for me again this morning...
Where have the past three years gone, anyway?
He says he's gonna kick the habit...
Ain't happening... :)
Perfectly fine with me...♥
| For MaKayla...♥ |