MaKayla is transitioning well into the new adventure that God continues to orchestrate.
Mal is finding it difficult to adjust to life with braces.
Kyle is enjoying evening visits to do bullie chores. (Yes, they're adorable)
And me...I am holding down the fort making sure everyone is fed, clothed & cared for...
And happy... :)
#1346 ~ hands that love me gently
& create music of praise
MaKayla is loving her new employment opportunity however I don't think she's looking at it much like a job yet more like an assignment from God in this journey of life He has called her to walk. Her focus isn't the paycheck or how many hours she can get in but more like, "What can I learn? Who can I bless? How efficient can I be?" This girl of mine loves a good challenge, loves to work hard & loves to stay busy at whatever task her hands are asked to do. ♥ She loves to meet new people & isn't afraid to allow new foods to awaken her palette. (Ya know, she's one of those "socially deficit" homeschooled kids who simply isn't "equipped" to function in "the real world"... Sorry, just had to add that... I won't mention it again...pinky promise...) All sarcasm aside, MaKayla is doing great & has learned the past few days what it's like to wake at 5:30 a.m. in order to be around & out of the house by 6:30 a.m. She's learned what it's like to juggle two jobs at once & to fully appreciate an early bedtime. She's learned how to make smoothies, lattes & some other delectably rich iced drink that contains coffee & whipped cream (how can you go wrong with such a combination...). I love to get her texts saying, "Headed your way..." & I look forward to seeing her face, hearing her voice & listening to the events of her busy day. ♥ It's obvious how God is stretching her & what a beautiful portrait that is to this momma. ♥
#1348 ~ unexpected love notes...
Wednesday was a BIG day for Mal...
Ortho spacers were removed & brackets/wires/bands were put in place. After a LONG two-hour appointment she now has her new "mouth jewelry" that will accessorize her smile for the next two years. To be honest, she's not thrilled... MaKayla was such a diva that the drama of braces was just what she needed to make it exciting. She loved the idea of changing band colors every little whip stitch depending on the holiday or the vast array of choices in her wardrobe; Mal, not so much. She's as far from a diva as they come which makes the reality of wearing such awkwardness for two.whole.years. daunting... Finally last night I just asked her, "Do you want me to get an appointment to have them removed..."
This precious one of mine isn't concerned with self-image & how others view her
(just one sliver of her heart that I deeply love) ♥
so seeing the "benefit" of having straight teeth in the end isn't really an incentive.
We're doing this sheerly for "need" purposes.
#1347 ~ braces in place
As I sat & processed last night, listening to the emotional content that dwells within those I love most (all three of them), my heart was burdened & heavy. It all boiled down to a few things that are undeniable...
Change is uncomfortable.
Transitions are hard.
Adjustments are painful.
And for many people, the best philosophy is to suck it up & move on. It's life.
Why is that?
Is it because they don't feel like they are adequately equipped to help the person/situation?
Is it because they are so consumed with their own life/agenda/issues that they simply don't want to take the time & energy?
Is it because they are scared to put themselves out there?
Is it because they don't care?
Regardless of the "why", I just don't see it that way.
When someone is hurting, you listen.
When someone is struggling, you encourage.
When someone is broken, you become the glue.
After taking Kyle to catch a ride to work this morning (yes, this is a week we could desperately use a third vehicle) I cried out to God. I prayed that He would show me how to help...how to heal...how to restore...how to encourage...how to assure...how to affirm...how to be HIS hands & feet... So many times we get this perverted deception that we are in the here-and-now for self & when we think this way, self is all we see. Self is all we think. Self is all we serve.
We were made for so much more...
I know I'm not God & I know I can not fix hearts. I know this to be the absolute truth yet what I also know is that He created us to be Him in the flesh. To touch people. To invest in people. To give ALL we have in order to restore another person's spirit & to give hope.
He did.
I don't care if I have to use every ounce of strength I have, I will never cease to do all I can to be His arms of comfort, His voice of assurance, His presence of peace, His touch of love. I will give all I have to be the glue to put those broken pieces together all the while pointing those I love to the One who forgives all our sins & heals all our diseases. I will invest every fiber of my being into making sure those He entrusted to me are nurtured, cared for & loved (mentally, physically, spiritually & emotionally) to the best of the abilities that He has given to me. ♥
They are my life.
They are my love.
They are my purpose.
For when hurt, struggle & brokenness is ignored, Satan takes those things & grossly turns them into insecurity, anger, depression, resentment...infectious wounds...debilitating strongholds. That's something I'm not turning my back on... That's a chance that's too risky to take...
It's taken me a long while to learn this...
Seven years to be exact...
And every day I learn a little more...
It's nothing in & of myself for I am flesh.
It's all about grace. ♥
It's all about a Savior. ♥
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
~Psalm 103:1-5