One load of laundry is on the line with another one in the washing machine.
The chickens are fed.
Meat for supper has been chosen & laid out for thawing.
The coffee Kyle made before he left for work is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L... ♥
# 1317 ~ Afternoons with Marci...
#1318 ~ Bri hugs...
#1320 ~ Tucker kisses...
With the rising cost of living & a renewed perspective on responsible financial choices, I have been looking for ways to cut monthly expenses. Since laundry is more of a hobby than a household chore, I find myself doing it more often than necessary. So... I have been trying to discipline myself & since I haven't washed clothes since last Thursday, today will be a full day of washing, hanging (on the clothes line), folding & dispersing...clothing & bedding. Something I looked forward to the moment I woke up. :)
#1323 ~ Familiar faces on 8 North...
Life has been incredibly busy for the past few weeks with things to do & places to go. Appointments to keep & commitments to fulfill. As a rule, we are homebodies so the constant state of running, going & doing has been a bit wearing & we are very ready for things to slow down.
#1329 ~ Laying in the arms of the one I love most... ♥
A few highlights over the past few weeks...
♥ Our first egg...
♥ A belated birthday celebration for Hunter...
♥ A week ago Sunday we were so very blessed to be able to travel to a local town to take in the musical 'Oklahoma'. Mal's vocal coach (who has become a treasured mentor & friend) played the lead role which made the production extra special. ♥ The show was absolutely fantastic leaving us wishing we could watch it again & again & again. Near the very end Heidi spotted our family & waved warmly at Mal...♥ & since no photography was allowed, I was only able to take pictures following the show... Kyle & I have seen Mallary make GREAT strides (in more ways than one) since she has been spending time with this beautiful woman... ♥
♥ Bri came home for a brief visit so of course that made for some extra trips to my hometown... It was so good to see her & to have the opportunity to spend time with Marci & her family. ♥
♥ Although no pictures, August 6th marked the five year anniversary of Kyle's colectomy/ileostomy resection. It was no coincidence that we made a road trip to Des Moines that evening to see a good friend from church who was recovering from a traumatic farming/mowing accident in the same hospital where Kyle had his surgeries. It was surreal... We've kept in touch with a few of the nurses that we truly grew to love so we made a trip to 8 North to see if Ashley was working & she was... ♥ Blessing upon blessing.
♥ Our annual Farrens family outing to the Iowa State Fair which included Darrel & Amber (Troy's oldest daughter) exchanging vows...
Sinful pitstop at Cold Stone... ♥
| Ted & Betty ~ ♥ |
| Mike & Sherri ~ ♥ Sherri is the one who instilled a love for fashion in MaKayla... ♥ |
| Daryl & Penny ~ ♥ |
| Uncle Mark & Aunt Marci ~ ♥ |
| Uncle Troy ~ ♥ |
Sunday evening was a real opportunity for our family to see how rich & blessed we are...
To see where God has brought us...
And to realize that every step we take in life, God has a reason & a purpose for...
#1326 ~ Days that seem impossible...
Many of those steps He calls us to take we may not fully understand...
Yet He tells us to trust in Him regardless of the depth of understanding...
For He does & that is all that matters... ♥
#1339 ~ The unexplainable sacrifice of Christ...
Yesterday I met with my great friend Nan, who is also family, to help me solidify Mal's curriculum for the upcoming school year. When we lived in Iowa she was our supervising teacher through the local school's homeschool assistance program & although that stipulation is no longer relevant, I love the reality of accountability. Nan has been a tremendous blessing & has many times been the encouragement & voice of reason I have needed to keep me going. Along with laundry, my goal for today is to make final decisions on books that need to be ordered.
A few final pictures from our past few weeks...
| Bri-Bri & Tuck... ♥ |
| Little feet pattering through our home... ♥ |
| Coffee with my love... ♥ |
| Grandpa & his grandsons... ♥ |
| Double-yoked egg...♥ Straight from the coop... |
| New suit for Bri to see... ♥ |
Happy Tuesday & much love... ♥
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.
For He has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness.
Isaiah 61:10