Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Drawn...

It's been a beautiful day here in the country surrounding the O'Riley home. Bidding Kyle farewell this morning as he left for work, the stars were shining & the air was damp. I always love taking in a deep breath of fresh air as I walk him out the door & send him on his way with lunchbox & coffee in hand. ♥


Mallary has been so determined this school year in setting her alarm & getting right up and around for the day at 7:00 a.m. She typically stumbles into the kitchen where I am sitting at the table doing my Bible study. ;) After our "good morning" greetings & a few hugs, she traipses on to the bathroom to prepare herself for breakfast & the start of another school day. This morning she whizzed right through her studies & was done in record time. It hasn't always been this way with Mal... In years past I have had to prod & pry to keep her focused & going. This year she has really stepped up to the plate & given it her all with no complaining...at all. We started out with a new math program this year & after about eight weeks & repeated attempts, we resorted back to old faithful Saxon. Last year she HATED it... This year she LOVES it & has a totally new appreciation for "being taught" after the failed attempt at something new. It's been such a joy to see her mature & become more responsible with every day. ♥


#454 ~ Hands that willingly help
#455 ~ Love notes from twelve-year-olds ♥
#461 ~ Hands all cracked

MaKayla set her mind to cutting fabric and fabric and fabric and more fabric today. As a matter of fact, I think she sat on the dining/living room floor for about 5 1/2 hours cutting fabric. She was never so glad to be done. We had settled on making certain Christmas gifts for everyone in our family but then when we started counting the cost, we decided to switch gears & do something different. A few weeks ago we spent over two hours in Hobby Lobby looking, scaling & contemplating styles, colors & designs just right for each person on her list. Talk about a draining activity... Especially at 7:00 at night... We are both pretty excited about the projects she is preparing to put together! :) Since she's still missing one major component needed for each gift, she has had to exercise much patience & perseverance in cutting fabric rather than jumping to assembling. I admire her diligence & love for creating. ♥


I have kept busy today working on some follow-up study & correspondence with the ladies I am blessed to share a Monday night Bible study with. Digging a little deeper in order to find answers to questions. Encouraging them to keep pushing through, knowing victory in certain areas of life & marriage are within arms reach. It's been an intense study & one that I only wish I had been able to take part in prior to exchanging vows with Kyle. So much truth I was unaware of. So many things that women need to know in order to be fruitful wives for their husbands. So much training in the area of who God is in our lives as individuals & as help meets to the men we are blessed to complete. Lots of stretching & sharpening going on.

#467 ~ Squeals of excitement from the mouths of two girls eager for upcoming
            Thanksgiving/Christmas preparations ♥
#469 ~ Ice cold water
#470 ~ My sister ♥


As the girls & I have gone about our day doing school, cutting fabric, fixing meals, preparing food for Kyle to take to work tomorrow, folding laundry, gathering some of our fall/Thanksgiving decorations to be put away in preparation for Christmas adornment to be put in place, my heart couldn't help but be drawn to people who this time of year isn't so "happy", "cheerful", "desirable". People who are lonely, grieving, hurting, struggling, surviving... So many times we get so tunnel visioned that we lose perspective of how blessed & rich we are. That our spouses are faithful. That our kids are healthy. That we have food to eat & clothes to wear. That our homes are warm, comfortable & full of love. That my husband has a job, I have a washer that works & we have clean water to drink. That I have church friends who care enough about me to pray for me, love me & encourage me. That...


#430 ~ French toast with lots of powdered sugar on a Monday morning
#432 ~ Fresh, crisp, frost-bitten morning
#433 ~ Carmeled apples all decked out

As I thought of those I know & those I don't, I am stirred to pray for them. Although I may not know who they are, God does. And the ones I do know, I battle on their behalf. For strength. Endurance. Faith. To be able to see Jesus clearly in the midst of the storm despite the wind & waves until the clouds clear & the rainbow appears. It will. It always does. It's about looking beyond that which is killing us inside & seeing grace in the face of Christ. When I know people I love are being taunted by Satan, it makes. me. angry. It compels me to battle & wage war all the more. He will not win. It's declared in the Word of God & that Word stands true.


Today, I give God praise for who He is & all He is in my life. How honored I am to serve Him in the capacities in which He has called me. Child. Wife. Momma...

#436 ~ Incandescently happy days declared by Mal ♥
#453 ~ Hard correction
#454 ~ Freshly plowed fields


It's been a beautiful day I am am thankful... ♥

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 107:1