So many thoughts racing through this mind of mine...
Truths God is teaching me.
Concepts I am learning from others.
The reality of life for some people.
Things that trip me up but others find easy.
Things that I find comprehensible that others find hard to grasp hold of.
Day-by-day God is showing me how differently we all see life...
How diversely we process situations...
Circumstances...
Hardships...
Victories...
Struggles...
How hard it is for some to find peace...
And for others, they simply accept it...
As a gift...
From God, Himself...
How some choose to choose defeat.
They choose what they know is destructive.
For some in the physical sense.
For some in the spiritual.
Life is a choice.
And simply put, we all get one chance.
One.
There are no do-overs.
None.
So today, I choose life.
I choose to live life.
I choose to give life.
And you know what?
Sometimes that's not an easy choice to make.
It's unnatural.
Yet it's something God has been branding, burning deeply on my heart.
It's following after the spirit & denying the flesh.
So earlier today when I was sharing a conversation with someone I love more than life, my flesh wanted to become agitated. Disgusted. Impatient. Ridiculing.
Ever so softly, the Holy Spirit said, "Remember? Do you remember what we talked about this morning in the early recesses of your day? Do you remember the words I asked you to pen in your journal lest you forget? Being tender. Listening. Encouraging. Praying. Have you forgotten already? Do what I have asked. Work out what I have taught you."
So I did.
I can't change how others process life, nor should I try. Who says I process it correctly & they don't?
Only God can change me.
Only God can change them.
One thing I know...
I'm choosing to live life.
I'm choosing to give life.
So be
patient, brethren, as you wait till the coming of the Lord.
See how
the farmer waits expectantly for the precious harvest from the land.
See how he keeps up his patient vigil over it until it receives the
early and late rains.
So you also must be patient.
Establish your hearts strengthen and confirm them in the final certainty,
for the coming of the Lord is very near.
Do
not complain, brethren, against one another,
so that you [yourselves]
may not be judged.
Look! The Judge is already standing at the very
door.
As
an example of suffering and ill-treatment together with patience,
brethren, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord as His
messengers.
You know how we call those blessed (happy) who were steadfast who endured.
You have heard of the endurance of Job,
and you have seen the Lord’s [purpose and how He richly blessed him in the] end,
inasmuch as the Lord is full of pity and compassion and tenderness and mercy.
James 5:7~11
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥