Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meanderings...

This morning I have so many wonderful things floating through my mind that I just go from one happy moment to another. It's a reality of blessedness after the roller-coaster the past few weeks have been...




♥MaKayla has been quite the busy bee running from one responsibility to another. Kyle & I have been very vigilant in protecting her from burn-out in her teenage/high school/growing up years. We have always felt that "adulthood" would come soon enough & we didn't want to "burden" her with the weight of that any sooner than was necessary. Although I've been confident in that decision over the years, I would admit that I have wondered how God would open doors in order for her to learn responsibility outside of her dad & I as well as outside of our home. Just like God, He has been faithful to bless her with multiple opportunities over the past months, weeks & days. It's been such a blessing to see her "step up" & "step out". Mal has been able to accompany her in some of her adventures which has been neat to see as well!



♥The weather where we live has been extremely HOT the past several days/weeks. Much to Mal & I's dismay, Kyle betrayed blessed us & turned the air on last week. MaKayla HATES to sweat yet Mal & I love the HEAT! We love the windows open, the song of the birds, the breeze whisping the curtains but in all realness, the humidity makes Kyle c-r-a-n-k-y... He would very willingly admit it so he won't care that I share it!!! :)



♥We've been enjoying produce from the garden since it won't be long & the plants most definitely will be burnt to a crisp. Repeated 90-100 degree days with absolutely no rain leaves things thirsty & withering.


♥The reality that we only have to purchase curriculum for one child this year still hasn't completely set in & I'm not sure if it's because I haven't given much thought to the idea or if it's because I suppress it when it does. MaKayla says she's ordering something regardless of the fact that she is graduated. She can't stand the thought that the Rainbow order would arrive & her "stack" would contain nothing but emptiness... I'm right there with her...


♥I conquered my first day of a sugar fast yesterday & it felt wonderful! I've realized time & again over the past several weeks how much sugar makes me feel N-A-S-T-Y. One day when I was feeling less than desirable, the Lord said, "Why do you repeatedly do things to yourself when you know what the consequences are gonna be?" That's all the motivation I needed to cut the sugar! You know it's bad when the thought of putting fru-fru stuff in your coffee nearly makes you gag... Blech! So. Long. Sugar.


♥Learning seems to be the focus of life for me right now. The Holy Spirit has laid several things on my heart & in my lap to learn from/about & I. Am. Loving. It. Hindsight says I was a crummy student in school because of all the distractions. I'm finding that I could very easily be a full-time student...especially when it is in regard to how I can be a better wife, mom & child of the King. I'm being challenged & it is exhilarating to my spirit!


 ♥I had a little big meltdown Tuesday evening when I received a text from my dad that began like this, "Hi Sweetie. Need you to be praying for the bike..." That's where I stopped reading... My brain went into freeze mode... My heart dropped to my stomach... My mind started imagining the worst... The floodgates of my tear-storehouse opened & I cried... Dad & Mom are on a bike trip to one of the coasts (remember, I did crummy in school) & when I read that Dad wanted me to pray for their Harley, I immediately went into panic mode imagining that they had had an accident... After I settled down & finished the text, Dad asked me to pray as the bike was making some loud/strange/unidentifiable noise & the nearest Harley dealer couldn't work them in for maintenance. I text my sister. I called my brother. "Did Dad call you? Did Dad text you? Do you realize what this could mean???? Especially with 100+ heat...If stranded,  Mom could stroke out... The bike could just quit... I'm NOT okay with this..." Dad reassured me that they would be fine & he just needed me to pray & trust. That is what I have been doing... When he called last night to let me know that after a 10+ hour day yesterday, they were safely in Salt Lake City for the night, all I could do was PRAISE THE LORD!!!!


♥Although I do miss the girls tremendously when they are away, I can't tell you how much the quietness & alone time with Jesus every morning this week has refreshed my spirit.Something I was very much in need of.


♥After a stint with blatant laziness, 5:00 mornings took up residence in my life again this week! Painful yet wonderful! I am one who, although it's like pulling teeth to pry my rear out of bed, I function so much better when I am up & going well before MaKayla & Mal emerge! It also gives Kyle & I an opportunity to chat, visit & spend time together before "duty calls" & he has to leave for work. Less sleep but I will admit, I have more energy & my attitude is SO MUCH BETTER!!!



 ♥I am SO GLAD that Kyle's place of employment is on four-day work weeks for the next three months! That means today is his last day this week! I so love having three-day weekends with him!


Now off to enjoy the rest of my quiet morning with Jesus! Thanks for stopping by for a quick chat! ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥