Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Something He Said...

Kyle reflected on Jeremiah 29:11-13 Wednesday evening during Bible Study/Prayer Time at church. He shared & explained how God had been speaking to him throughout the day regarding this portion of Scripture & what it meant to him. As he closed the evening in prayer, something he said really spoke to my heart... He thanked God for provision & asked Him to prosper us spiritually, mentally, physically & emotionally... That statement in his prayer has really stuck with me as I have finished out my week. So often when we think of God prospering us, we immediately correlate it to the material/financial sense but not so much in the spiritual (growth), mental (sound mind), physical (strength) & emotional (stability) sense.

I have been quite bold lately in sharing the struggles I have been feeling/facing & although I have sought God & find great rest & peace in His presence, I've settled for being "stuck". I honestly haven't seen "a way out"... A resolve... A light at the end of the tunnel... It's somewhat of a frightening place to be yet I have trusted that God has allowed me to be here for a specific reason & I've been trusting Him to grow me through the valley I've been walking.

Kyle's intercession & outcry to God that evening has readjusted my thinking...

All day today, when I've felt tired, unmotivated or depleted, I've reminded myself that God wants me to prosper mentally, spiritually, physically & emotionally... He doesn't want me in that pit of exhaustion... He doesn't desire me to feel that heaviness... He doesn't plan for me to be up one minute & down the next... He doesn't will for me to struggle with hopelessness... He longs for me to prosper... In EVERY way!!!

So today, instead of "settling", I've let go & allowed God to prosper me. It's helped me to keep going, to keep pushing, to keep moving forward... It's reminded me to smile instead of frown, rejoice instead of complain, be joyful instead of downcast...

I'm thankful for the something he said in conversation with Christ...
It's changed my day...


 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.   
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11~13


1 comment:

  1. Really good thoughts! I needed that reminder as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥