Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Seek Him...


As I begin yet another day, I would humbly admit that I am feeling a whole lot scatter-brained! I've been reading/hearing so much on how the more women have on their minds, the more wound up they are. They need time to "desensitize"... To "clear out"... To "empty"...

I find that so true in my own life. The more I am trying to process without first decluttering, the more stress I feel. The more anxious I become. The more cranky/irritable I am. The more condemnation that hovers over me.

Clearly, for anyone who knows me very well, knows that I am a communicator. I speak what is on my heart. I share when I am hurting. I encourage when I see someone struggling. I ask when I don't understand. I express what I am learning. It's who I am. It's how God made me. I. Have. To. Empty.

I am learning to recognize the signs, signals, alarms & warnings that go off in my heart, mind & spirit. I am learning what I need to do to counteract these things before they consume & overtake me. I am learning to daily put on my spiritual armor in order to find adequate protection. I am learning to STOP, ACKNOWLEDGE how I am feeling & TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.

An unsettled spirit within me signals, "You need to talk."
An anxious heart says, "You need to pray."
An irritable attitude screams, "You need to let go."
A condemning frame-of-mind beckons, "You need to seek the Truth."

For the reality of it is...
When I am on overload, it doesn't just affect me...
It touches & affects everyone around me...
And typically in a negative way...

Thankfully I have a husband who loves me & desires to know my heart...
Blessedly I have serve a God who created me & knows me better than anyone else...
Graciously I have a few invaluable friends who listen, sharpen, encourage & pray...

So today...
In my frailty...
In my heaviness...
In my restlessness...

With Kyle away...
Gone to work...
With Jesus close...
I seek Him...

I pray...
I empty...
I let go...
I seek the Truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥